1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Delay in sound when hitting pads, using as plugin in Logic Pro

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by trobert, Nov 2, 2018.

1. trobert

trobert NI Product Owner

Hello,
    I'm using a Maschine mk3 with Maschine 2 software (v 2.7.6), using it as a plugin in Logic Pro (v 10.4.2) and Mac OS 10.12.6.

Almost every time I launch Maschine as a plugin in Logic, there is a substantial delay between the time I hit the pad on the Maschine controller and when I hear the sound. Sometimes, I'll quit Logic and restart it, and then there is no delay, but then sometimes the delay starts happening again.

When I launch Maschine software in standalone mode, there is no delay. Can someone advise?

Thanks! Tim

2. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

Send-FX inside of Logic active?
    Im sure that’s it!

Edit: maybe it’s not that because I didn’t read your post slowly...
    maybe you have a look on your interface (buffer size)

3. pranaearth

pranaearth NI Product Owner

I’m running a Studio controller, and every time that happens to me, I switch my controller into MIDI controller mode and back again. Idk why, but it always works

4. jonbc

jonbc New Member

This happens to me too. At first it will work fine. I have another track selected (not the Maschine track) in Logic and I hit a pad on Maschine, there is a noticeable delay. Sometimes simply selecting the Maschine track fixes it. Also changing any setting in Logic > Preferences > Audio (and then changing it back) resets the audio engine and fixes it. Oddly, when I am getting latency from the Maschine pads, my S46 MK2 keys can trigger the Maschine sounds with no latency. All of the above happens with no additional effects/plugins or busses in use on any track in a fresh project, not from a template. I hope this gets fixed, or someone posts a fix.

5. Mr. Meoff

Mr. Meoff NI Product Owner

If happens when using Logic, open logic virtual keyboard. "Show Keyboard" located under "Window" in the app toolbar. Seems to take care of any delay issues with any MIDI controller, for me anyways. Drove me nutz until one day I stumbled on this resolution.

• Informative Informative x 1