1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Delay output and noise on distortion

Discussion in 'Technical Issues - KOMPLETE (Archive)' started by aznricey, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aznricey

aznricey New Member

Hello, I recently got the guitar rig 3 software and a Zoom G2.1u (Which has a USB interface), and i was totally excited to get myself a great effect run through my HP DV3 laptop!

But the output sound that runs through have a bad latentcy, the sound would come up around half a second late, and when distortion patches are used, there'll be insane amount of noise. Totally dissapointing.

Is there something wrong with my setting on latentcy? Im sure its not because of the USB interface, I have 100% confidence on this Zoom G2.1u USB interface. Hence it works very well recording when i use Audacity to record my playing.

Please help ><, Jonny

2. Marc_S

Marc_S NI Product Owner

What is your latency setting in Audio MIDI settings?
    Guitar Rig 3 has been used by tons of guitarists without latency or bad noises. I'm confident that you'll be happy. You may also want to contact support (link in my signature).

3. aznricey

aznricey New Member

Finally got around with showing you guys the problem on film. here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX6FUyiBK2I

Please take a look at my settings, posted at the info section of my video. and look at the speech bubbles, pretty self explanatory

Thanks for all the help =)

4. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

You've got Direct Sound selected. Either choose the ASIO driver (if the Zoom has one) or use ASIO4All:

www.asio4all.com

ew

5. aznricey

aznricey New Member

Okay I just got the ASIO setting to the USB interface, but there's no input coming in at all.....
    When i switched the ASIO to my built-in microphone at least there was input coming out from the bar...

ERROR MSG: "unavailiable, used by another application? Ms GS wave table synth enabled?"

Here's another screen shot on the error msg, and the settings
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3571/3409749491_878297b600_o.jpg

6. Marc_S

Marc_S NI Product Owner

I wouldn't use ASIO4ALL for a USB device. Does the Zoom has an ASIO driver? If so, use it. I'm sorry, but I'm unable to give you more detailed help with ASIO4ALL. I just don't know how to troubleshoot it. I can use it, but when it goes wrong...

7. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Go to control panel/sounds and audio devices and under audio, select anything besides the GS Wavetable synth for the default MIDI music playback device. See if that fixes it.

ew

8. aznricey

aznricey New Member

Ive actually tried looking for that, but there's a "sound" and there's a "Device manager". But I don't think im on the right place here, sorry im a stuborn person that's still not used to Vista up till now :eek:

Thank you for your patience =)

9. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

You look under sound, and not in device manager.

ew

10. aznricey

aznricey New Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Registry

I have gone as far as this, it saids the Wave table synth is removed from vista? or am i jsut reading wrong? Im so fustrated right now ><

11. Marc_S

Marc_S NI Product Owner

Hi there,

I really think you need to talk to support. This back and forth is probably frustrating for you because of the delay. One call to support should square you up.

12. aznricey

aznricey New Member

I do not live in USA or Germany.... Ill try to figure this out, calling(or should i say long distance calling) would be my last resort.

Thanks for the help though

13. aznricey

aznricey New Member

Does anybody have any idea how to configure the GS Wavetable synth on vista at least? I can't even find its existance!

14. Marc_S

Marc_S NI Product Owner

I'm so sorry, but I have no idea.

15. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Turn off your Windows system sounds. That disables the wavetable synth.

ew

16. aznricey

aznricey New Member

Alast It Works, Thank You Sooo Much!

1 minor thing, it seems like everytime i use a metal or something high gain, the sounds goes insanely unstable, once i plug it into an amp(instead of headphones) its even worse. My ears are still suffering from the ringing =(

17. Marc_S

Marc_S NI Product Owner

What do you mean by unstable?

18. aznricey

aznricey New Member

I'd play it, and suddenly a high gain sound or echo of some sort would come out. And it's really loud and high pitch, it goes worse when I plug it into an amplifier.

19. mazzerman2

mazzerman2 New Member

I had that and i solved it by increasing the threshold on the NR (noise reduction) on the input panel.
    It's basically feedback.
    Hope this helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.