1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Dell Studio 15/17/XPS & Other DPC spike issues - Workaround

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by djquartz, Mar 15, 2009.

1. djvinny1

djvinny1 Forum Member

dell problems

anyone with a dell xps L502x having the same problems - freezing after 1- -20 minutes ?

would love to here from you if fixed this problem. will try suggested ''solutions'' tommorrow and let you know.

good dj of 25 years would like to get back to what he knows best MUSIC AND MIXING not fiddling with computer which he has limited knowledge of.

thanks

dell xps L520x 64 bit processor 2.00 ghz 6 gigs ram windows 7 home premium , xponent controller .

2. straightola

straightola New Member

I was hoping this problem would be sorted out with the upgrade to the audio 10 but im still having grief with it and traktor pro, is it happening with tp2? Ive gone through all the win 7 tweaks other than the graphics card disable (which sounds pretty drastic!) that should sort it but still spiking occasionally and getting dropouts with the cpu not even at 25%.

edit: Ive a dell studio 1558 with the 1gb graphics upgrade and 4gb ram, should be enough to slam traktor

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  3. TheRooster2000

TheRooster2000 Forum Member

4. djsubculture

djsubculture NI Product Owner

Just some food for thought:

I recently installed Win7 (SP1) 64-Bit along with a 64GB SSD and without doing ANY optimization, I was getting low green bars with the DPC Latency Checker. If I let the DPC Latency Checker run for awhile, I would get a random yellow spike. Disabled the ACPI.SYS threads the random yellow spike wouldn't show up.

I eventually did the Win7 Optimization anyway, just to hedge my bets, but with Win7 and a SSD it's like a new laptop.

5. Savage Yhetti

Savage Yhetti New Member

Having problems with my Dell XPS L502X. I have installed TSP2 and its been good for a month. been running low latency settings with the latest driver for Audio 10 and it worked great. Its all been good until the last couple of days when a get drop outs/freezes when a load a track from my collection or itunes list, this includes the tracks that have already been analised but not the tracks like the machine loops or the other tracks that came with the program.

I get no cpu spikes at all only when loading the decks with the itunes tracks, other than that it runs well below the green line. I have tried everything to fix the spikes but no luck.

6. straightola

straightola New Member

Disabling the ACPI.SYS threads via process hacker worked a treat though someone decided to solve my dell issue by nicking my laptop after a gig last week

7. djsubculture

djsubculture NI Product Owner

That sucks! :angry:

8. djvinny1

djvinny1 Forum Member

have you solved your problems yet ? I have the same machine and still having problems . Was working well , but not ultra confidently , until traktor said my collection was out of date . then reloaded traktor , also downloaded new bios update (06) . Was playing for an hour and a half last night before freezing problems occurred .
    Im not very pc technically literate so im struggling here, also i use an m - audio xponent which traktor does not support so I have a double whammy problem.
    have you disabled your acpi.sys ? where do I locate that to disable ? Is it in the system devices in '' manage '' devices ? What else can or must I disable?
    When I run latency checker and latency monitor there are no spikes at all . can you help ?

9. Savage Yhetti

Savage Yhetti New Member

^^to above poster, cant quote on phone. I have not fixed my problem, apparently according to ni support its got something to do with my hard drive and control driver.

I have not disabled any ACPI things, as i do not encounter random yellow spikes,but than again ive only had it going for about 2 hours non stop so far,and since it freezes when loading my tracks ive not been on it for over a month.

my question is, ni support said its my hard drive or drive controller, but how come i get no spikes when loading theyre tracks or what about when i open itunes and play the same file i would load into the decks and get no spikes in DPC checker.

Just installed latest windows updates and nvidia graphics update and the problem is fixed, dont know why its fixed but im very happy they did.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  10. djcoryminto

djcoryminto Forum Member

The problem lies within the infrastructure of Windows. Only some computers are affected tho.

11. eFJaaj

eFJaaj New Member

I also tried everything but I don´t even get the Timecode Vinyl to run properly. The only thing that happens is a flash every 1/2 secs in my scope view. No audio is produced and Wave Display moves just a little every time it flashes.

The only thing that I couldn't find is disabling the 'acpi.sys' thread.
    ---
    I also tried everything but I don´t even get the Timecode Vinyl to run properly. The only thing that happens is a flash every 1/2 secs in my scope view. No audio is produced and Wave Display moves just a little every time it flashes.

The only thing that I couldn't find is disabling the 'acpi.sys' thread.

12. djvinny1

djvinny1 Forum Member

new windows 7 optimization on dj tech tools using a script removing unecessary windows backgrounds tasks also set up for dual boot. give it a try and let me know. also two videos on optimization for win 7 on you tube from dubspot dj endo using a dell xps . Ive done that works well I'm down to 5ms latency overall but I still having a bit of problem her and there. waiting to see other dell xps users response

13. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

INCORRECT! the problem lies primarily in hardware itself and the poorly implemented BIOS polling routines. If the problem lay in the software ALL systems would be affected. They are not.

Phil

14. cBlaq

cBlaq Forum Member

i did research on this and it is the hardware from what i found. bought an HP instead.
    if it was software, trust that it would have been fixed long before Dell took this black eye

15. Critta

Critta New Member

Hmm, seems I've joined this thread a bit late - really wish I'd had a look through the forums here before I bought Traktor and an Audio 6 to run on my Studio 1737 :*(

Worse still, the links posted earlier to download XP drivers to sort all of this out are no longer working. For reference they were:

I've read the first 20 or so pages of the thread, and the last 5 or 6 and I'm hoping I've not missed new driver links somewhere in the middle of that!

Do any of you who downloaded these drivers when they were about still have copies anywhere? I've done some looking around but can mainly only find drivers for the 153x and I'd prefer not to start the format and all the hassle that entails until I'm sure I've got drivers that are confirmed working!

Hoping someone can help me out here :)

16. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

I still have all the drives archived, in case I ever had to reload.

I can get them do you.

17. Critta

Critta New Member

I was hoping you might say something like that, I'd be incredibly appreciative if you could :)

Perhaps zip them up and chuck them up on megaupload or something?

Once I've got them, I'm happy enough to chuck them up on my webspace for a while so they're available to people around here who have the same problem!

18. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Send me an email of where I can upload the drivers and I will do that for you.

Cheers!

19. Critta

Critta New Member

Thanks so much, email is sent :)

20. Critta

Critta New Member