Denon DJ SC-5000 support

Discussion in 'Feature Request' started by Kevin Becher, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Kevin Becher

Kevin Becher NI Product Owner

I'm somewhat doubtful this will reach as many users as the XDJ support topic...

But still I believe it would help both parties if the SC5000 was properly supported (incl. moving waveforms, etc.)
    Denon's player is cool and very close to the Traktor experience. Join forces :)

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 16
  2. Bobby_M

Bobby_M New Member

I strongly support this:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Sussudio

Sussudio NI Product Owner

Actually I have postponed the purchase of the SC5000 set (to replace my SC2900 set) till the moment Denon would at least enable the MIDI function on these players so that we could start mapping for Traktor ourselves. For some reason they disabled this basic function that should have been there when the players were released (see the manual page 9).

But of course full HID support would be perfect and I would order them the same day.

On the other hand: I have been waiting for this for over one year now and I'm starting to lose faith that Denon and Native Instruments will ever make this happen. So, I was starting to think about moving to Serato :(

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kevin Becher

Just MIDI mapping the SC5000 would be a total waste of its potential.
    No displays, probably no layers - just a very pricey jog.

5. Sussudio

Kevin: the point was, there is now NO interaction with any DJ software even possible, except Serato. Enabling MIDI would allow making a mapping and therefore at least give DJs like me the choice of using Traktor, besides the stand-alone usage of these players.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kevin Becher

Yep, got that ;)
    Still I'd love to have full HID support to make use of all the good features.

Strange decision against MIDI, though.
    Maybe they got loads of work to do before (MCX 8000 firmware update, Engine Prime update, Rane 72 and Twelve firmware, probably even support for the Akai hardware and software).
    I guess the Air Music team has to do it all - everything on high priority, of course.

7. MixMasterG

MixMasterG NI Product Owner

Direct Prime support from Traktor would be great. The SC5K is as close to "Traktor in a box" as you can get. I've developed a procedure to convert playlists/folders from Traktor to a USB that will work with Engine Prime (both windows and MacOS) as well as the SC5000 and MCX8000 with the beta firmware.
    All meta data including cues/loops and the beatgrid is preserved as well as dates added, star ratings etc

The procedure itself is MacOS only, the resulting USB is not.
    watch how it works at

and feel free to ask me whatever you want to know.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. MichaelKMusic

MichaelKMusic NI Product Owner

I understand that u need to promote your business but please this is not the place. I don't see your
    Competitor Rekordbuddy posting here please stop thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kevin Becher

That might be because rekordbuddy still does not do what they promised a year ago ;)

I don't mind a little promotion, I rather appreciate that someone not officially involved put a lot of effort in finding a solution for us.
    Where would you let people know about that else than here?

These unofficial programs by end users are, like certain hacks (e.g. S8 displays), one of the few great things the internet has brought us recently.

Are you afraid he's getting incredibly rich by selling an ultra niche program for a less than widespread media player?
    I'm not. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Sussudio

During my holiday I received this announcement from Native Instruments about the Traktor 2.11.3 update, promising "integration with big-stage gear from Denon". I was so happy to read this! Finally I could buy the SC5000/X1800 set I have wanted for more than 1 year ....... Can you imagine how disappointed I was that the integration is al about Pioneer gear and that Denon only gets Traktor playlists? Traktor2.11.3.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. thatdjtech

thatdjtech New Member

Do y'all honestly think Traktor will eventually support HID for the Denon Prime series?

12. MichaelKMusic

MichaelKMusic NI Product Owner

I think eventually but not anytime soon maybe next year I am guessing. I think NI will implement HID for the XDJ 1000 MK2 first.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. DJ Priminista

DJ Priminista NI Product Owner

I've been loyal to NI since TSP days and I love my Z2 but NI gave no love to my DN -S3700 and just recently upgraded to TSP 3 and got me SC5K.
    NI Please make providing HID support for all CDJs no matter the brand a priority or else the Traktor franchise could die a dark death.
    It took NI way to long to support Pioneer but with the overhaul in TSP 3 I really want to be optimistic.
    I plan on purchasing the x1800 mixer, especially while it's on sale for the low

14. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

It would be cool to have hid with traktor.

I have the M version and i too, before I bought it, wanted to wait for traktor integration.

Now that I got to play around with it for a bit the only thing I’m left with wanting is for traktor just to load tracks into the players, not HID integration.

So far I just run my traktor playlists through enginep to a sd card, load into player and I see all traktor data. It works acceptably well as is but for sure there’s room for growth.

Try to get some time on the player it might change your expectations.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stazbumpa

Stazbumpa NI Product Owner

I just got a Prime setup, as soon as I'm happy with the contents of my USB stick then Traktor will become my backup system. I really don't see the point in anyone forking out for the Prime's (or indeed NX2's) to use with a laptop based DJ setup. Sure, HID with Traktor would be lovely, but it's not really a priority and if you're waiting for it to happen (and getting annoyed about it) then for gods sake save yourself a ton of cash and buy something else.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

Back in the cdj days I was ripping my cds to external drives in the aiff format backing them up as exact copies. Then make playlists in itunes and burn the cds. 98% of my music come from the original cdda discs and a lot of my vinyl rips that can’t be found anymore. When I fist got into Traktor internal drives were ridiculously small space and expensive so I copied the whole collection to aac format, this was in the time of the mp3 revolution. So my whole traktor collection is in the aac format with traktor meta data.
    Now in this new era, my whole aiff collection can fit on usb sticks and it’s all virgin.

With Traktor3 I was going to start fresh with the aiff collection but after getting the 5KM I’m struggling with how to kill 2 birds with one stone.

17. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

I'd support HID on the SC-5000(M) and the Prime 4 ... I can see long term potential with NI going down this path. These units represent much better value for money than any of the Pioneer currently available and I can see a shift in the market happening this year.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DJ Priminista

DJ Priminista NI Product Owner

Let's hope NI thinks the same way

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  19. bsm3d

bsm3d New Member

Yes please support SC5000 it's perfect deck for Traktor.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tjzafira

Tjzafira NI Product Owner

i just got the denon 5000m and its a very traktor like experience, engine prime lacks all the stuff traktor lacks it was an easy transition lol

• Like Like x 1