1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Denon DJ SC-5000 support

Discussion in 'Feature Request' started by Kevin Becher, Apr 17, 2018.

1. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

purchased sc5000m, traktor should deal with denon closely. the simalarities are uncanny. HID FTW

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sussudio

Sussudio NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

I know for sure that Denon wants to work with NI and it seems that they already worked together for collection support.

Really hope it happens.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sussudio

That is exactly what I do not understand about NI. Why would you help another company to let your userbase transfer to a new ecosystem, but at the same time completely fail to offer those same users a way to keep using Traktor?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Kevin Becher

Kevin Becher NI Product Owner

Well said. That is exactly what's happening.

6. Tjzafira

Tjzafira NI Product Owner

i dont think ni gave permission, and niether did rekordbox to read theres either. its just something denon figured out.

7. Sussudio

No, NI actually worked together with Denon to make the importing the Traktor playlists into the Prime Ecosystem possible. They even announced this in their newsletter in may 2018. In the same letter they also announced extended HID support for a lot of Pioneer's players. So you can understand how disappointed I was back then (see: https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/denon-dj-sc-5000-support.327505/#post-1649089).

Now, more than 1 year later : still no HID support for the Denon SC5000

• Like Like x 1
  8. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

sounds good and its something i would welcome, but it would be another piece of equipment to lug around on top of a sc5000 setup. be better if denon got there finger out and sorted there own software.

• Like Like x 1
  9. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

or maybe traktor dj2 running off an android or ipad tablet that supports the sc5000m????

10. Sussudio

If they can write the HID support for TP3, then implementing the same in TDJ2 would not be a big problem.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

Well now that NI did a good job with the pioneer HID requests how 'bout us Denon users.

Here we are bugging Denon over here Traktor Pro 3 HID in the feature requests section. Most views, most replies and 3rd most likes

Here is what I think of it's standalone potential that could be translated to the software domain. Prime ecosystem and it’s potential

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Sussudio

• Like Like x 1
  13. Anthony Petersen

Anthony Petersen New Member

It's so confusing, Denon DJ literally wants the laptop out of the DJ booth - the new SC6000 range had bigger screens, more functions(real analysis of files) and space for a SATA laptop hard drive. But then people want Traktor integration with Denon DJ gear. Yes, their Prime software is not up to scratch - which is like Rekordbox before the Rekord DJ/ DVS days.

14. Sussudio

It's the same reason people wanted Traktor HID for the Pioneers. And Denon wanted to be the big Pioneer-killer, but after 3 years they still lack some features that the Pios do have (like support for 3rd party DJ software)

15. Anthony Petersen

Anthony Petersen New Member

Denon has approached Traktor for HID support but someone dragging their feet and it's not Denon.

16. Kevin Becher

Support for the upcoming SC6000 would be cool!

17. Sussudio

18. Mr_Mello

Mr_Mello NI Product Owner

I know I read somewhere not too long ago that NI was opening up Traktor to more third party hardware in the near future. This was right after the layoff news. I believe they want to see if the XDJ 1000 MK 2 integration gives a boost in sales of the software before putting resources to another integration. Most likely if it’s gonna happen it won’t be until around third quarter of the year.

19. Kevin Becher

Wait, they added a soon to be retired device to boost sales?
    I'd say they better add a few more popular devices quickly to not be left without any users, at all.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Mr_Mello

Mr_Mello NI Product Owner

Yeah a device who's feature request thread had 450+ replies and about 35,000 views.