denon mc-3000

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR LE / TRAKTOR ME' started by djdazzfinn, Apr 22, 2013.

1. djdazzfinn

djdazzfinn New Member

Im using the denon mc-3000 controller on dell windows 7 ultimate laptop with 8 gb of ram. traktor 2.6 pro either freezes and music stops half way through a set,or i get the BSOD (blue screen of death) any clues is it just the mapping settings or is traktor not yet compatible with my denon controller. it really annoying because i want to play at gigs with it?

2. XMan714

XMan714 NI Product Owner

We need more info on your setup. I'm running Windows 8 home 64-bit with a MC-3000. TSP 2.6.0. No issues

Have you optimized your system and can provide specifics on what processes are running?

3. djdazzfinn

djdazzfinn New Member

windows 7 ultimate, service pack 1. processor intel core i3 2350m cpu,2.30Ghz 8 gig ram , 64 bit. is that what you need my friend?
    ---
    and traktor 2.6.0
    ---
    and thats on denon mc-3000

4. XMan714

XMan714 NI Product Owner

No, much much more. We need your basic system setup, your operating system configuration, and optimization settings (both Traktor and entire system)

Have you optimized your laptop? The knowledgebase article is your starting point. The second link is an ongoing thread which goes into more detail.

http://www.native-instruments.com/knowledge/questions/847/Windows+7+Tuning+Tips+for+Audio+Processing

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153970&highlight=optimisation

You will also want to capture the BSOD error message. We don't even know if Traktor is causing the Blue Screen. It may appear to fast to write it down, so you may want to try taking a picture if you are able to duplicate the issue.

5. djdazzfinn

djdazzfinn New Member

this is the error i get

Attached Files:

6. XMan714

XMan714 NI Product Owner

Have you performed any of the optimization?

7. djdazzfinn

djdazzfinn New Member

yes ivé tried the optimization but still i get the blue scree after about 20 mins of using my denon mc3000 ive tried updating everything from ports to drives and reinstalling different versions of traktor and also i tried to use asio4all driver as well but as sonn as i add it in preferences in traktor BSOD Again! anyway these are my specs HELP !
    INSPIRON N5050 : STANDARD BTX BASE
    PROCESSOR : INTEL CORE I3-2350M (2.30 GH
    DISPLAY : 15.6IN HIGH DEFINITION (1366X7
    LCD BACK COVER : OBSIDIAN BLACK
    SHIP ACCESSORY : EMEA3 MUI DOCS - WEST/S
    RESOURCE DVD : INSPIRON N5050 DIAGNOSTIC
    MEMORY : 4096MB (1X4096) 1333MHZ DDR3 DU
    HARD DRIVE : 500GB SERIAL ATA (5400RPM)
    WINDOWS LIVE
    OPTICAL DRIVE : 8X DVD+/-RW DRIVE
    OPTICAL DRIVE : ROXIO CREATOR 10.3 SOFTW
    POWER CORD : EUROPEAN 1M
    POWER SUPPLY : INSPIRON 65W AC ADAPTER
    BATTERY : PRIMARY 6-CELL 48W/HR LI-ION
    GRAPHICS : INTEL HD GRAPHICS 3000
    WIRELESS : EUROPE DELL WIRELESS 802.11G/
    KEYBOARD : INTERNAL US/INTERNATIONAL QWE
    OPERATING SYSTEM : BENELUX/SWISS MUI GEN
    OS MEDIA : NOT INCLUDED
    SOFTWARE : MUI MICROSOFT OFFICE STARTER:
    SOFTWARE : SKYPE FOR WINDOWS
    DELL SUPPORT CENTER 3.0
    SOFTWARE : DELL STAGE SOFTWARE

8. XMan714

XMan714 NI Product Owner

Open Windows Services, (start, Run, enter services.msc). Select the Standard view. Make sure all columns are showing. Export the list to a text file. Attach that file to this thread. Something is still running and the installed driver is causing the BSOD.

9. djdazzfinn

djdazzfinn New Member

10. djdazzfinn

djdazzfinn New Member

or if this is not correct ,how do make sure that all collums are showing?. by the way i really appreciate what your doing for me.thanks again:D;)
    ---
    i was wondering also is it maybe because im using usb2.0 port. when i can go to buy an external usb port 3.0? is that maybe the problem . it's so frustrating im going mental with this problem . lol
    ---
    and should my in and out ports in traktor preferences controller manager be set to mc3000?
    sorry for all the questions :)

11. djdazzfinn

djdazzfinn New Member

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllpppp

12. XMan714

XMan714 NI Product Owner

You didn't do much optimization on your system. Antivirus, wireless, windows update and so many basic services are still running. Open the attached file and stop the highlighted services before running Traktor. It's fairly aggressive with many Windows functions, including networking getting disabled.

You shouldn't have to resort to using asio4all driver to use the MC3000. Run the setup wizard and select the controller from the list. The default settings should work fine.

Attached Files:

13. djdazzfinn

djdazzfinn New Member

disabled

ok thankyou i disabled those services you listed i will let you know if it has worked thanks again ;)

14. djdazzfinn

djdazzfinn New Member

No luck

still did the froze 2wice this morning while i was recording a mix,then when i unplugged it , BSOD , had to restart twice. :confused:
    ---
    The screen and sound froze again this morning twice

15. XMan714

XMan714 NI Product Owner

I would contact support and provide them with all the information regarding your system and the optimization you've performed. I can't think of anything else to try.

16. djdazzfinn

djdazzfinn New Member

format

I've decided that the last option for me is ,format and totally wipe. the lap top and reinstall from scratch . ill let you know ok mate.thanks anyway . fingers are well and truly crossed

17. XMan714

XMan714 NI Product Owner

Sounds like a plan. Don't be afraid to reach out to NI support if you continue to have issues. I contacted them and we worked through the knowledge article to find my root cause. (ACPI battery needed to be disabled).

With the amount of time you have to wipe your machine, would you consider purchasing a solid state drive (SSD) and performing a fresh install on that?

1. You will have your original hard drive as a backup
    2. There is a significant performance increase with an SSD
    3. This can be used as a DJ-only configuration which then allows you to disable absolutely everything unnecessary or not even install unnecessary devices and drivers.

I don't know if cost is an issue, but I replaced my factory 5400 rpm hard drive with an SSD, and after all the optimization my pc is incredibly fast. Boot time is less than 10 seconds.

18. djdazzfinn

djdazzfinn New Member

hallellujah ! saves my music folders on external hardrive,totlly wiped out my laptop,reinstalled windows 7 ultimate. went to the denon dj web site installed traktor 2.5 including mapping and bin files which where found under the controllers page for denon mc3000 . works like a dream now :0)

19. Luuk4

Luuk4 New Member

Hello and help! I have a similar issue as above user.. Just bought a Denon MC3000, I have Traktor 2 already purchased and it doesnt even start, only the lights show up.. the sound seems to work as when I play music through the laptop it works, but no control from the Mier...I've gone through all the set up and hours of reading what could be wrong.. All seems set up correctly, external Denon MC3000 is recognized, updated ASIO and drivers, output routing set to internal, even disabled all items you mention above and ran the latency test.. not sure what to do!! (and its a brand new HP laptop.. :(

20. Luuk4

Luuk4 New Member

Ok update from my side, the Denon MC3000 with Traktor now works.. BUT only with sound out of the laptop and NOT, as it should, with the line out from the mixer... So this means I CANT DJ like this as I cant, for example, get sound out of the headphone (the sound only comes out of the laptop). I set it with audio device being the IDT High Definition Codec and NOT with the MC3000 codec, once I change the whole Traktor freezes... Please let me know a resolution! :/