Denon SC5000

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by hellnegative, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Kevin Becher

Kevin Becher NI Product Owner

If NI can't / won't make the most liked request (XDJ-1000 MK2) happen, why would they even bother with the 2,5 years old SC5000?
    My guess is there's a modular jog controller (one third of the S4 MK3, no thanks!) coming - or they won't integrate stuff into Traktor Pro anymore because Traktor DJ gets most of the dev resources.

2. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

I’m thinking kinda the same.

I haven’t updated traktor since i got my 5000m. Serato accessorizing is coming for the prime series for sure so what’s stopping support between denon and NI?

History suggests that support may not happen but on the other hand these are changing times. If we don’t see or at least hear of support by Christmas it will probably never happen.

3. Mr_Mello

Mr_Mello New Member

There are supposed to be 2 dev teams working on the 2 versions of Traktor.

From what I saw today the midi mapping has already been done by a user so most of the work is complete. Just add hid to the platter and add screen support which would require development using the SC 5k's display driver and it's done.

4. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

5. SirReal

SirReal NI Product Owner

It's gasping for air, BTW. Did you mean grasping for straws?

6. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

Trying to grab air with your hands is what I meat lol

7. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

the new denon prime 4 firmware update sees the prime 4 able to use bpm analysis meta data and as a result is left unanalysed by denons software.

DOES TRAKTOR WRITE THE BPM META DATA TO INDIVIDUAL TRACKS?

please tell me it does, because the same update will be on its way to the sc5000/m's :)

8. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

I would like to know this also. It works well now with uncompressed formats such as aiff and wav. files but for mp3 and aac things don’t transfer accurately. This is just one of the reasons the new firmware will use bpm metadata over the prime’s own bpm analysis.

9. Sussudio

Sussudio NI Product Owner

Yes, Traktor writes data to the individual MP3.
    First it writes 2 normal ID3 tags: InitalKey and BPM (this one is not very useful because it is rounded)
    Also it writes an encoded Traktor4 tag. In here BPM is stored with 12 decimals, as well as all CUE points including the autogrid (first beat) and other grid cues. I guess this information is enough to reconstruct the complete beatgrid.