Detailed Panel-editing Tutorials?

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by dcoffin, Sep 8, 2017.

1. dcoffin

dcoffin Forum Member

I've yet to find a really detailed tutorial, or a blog post, or thread here about editing panels. It seems pretty simple—unlock, move stuff, lock. But what, for example, is going on when you rearrange elements with the panel unlocked and the panel grows to accommodate, but then when you lock the panel, it goes back to the old size, making your moved items not visible? Seems clear that the panel size needs to be separately adjusted, but it's NOT clear where/how to do that. Any links, suggestions? TIA!

2. salamanderanagram

salamanderanagram NI Product Owner

that happens inside of stacked macros, in my experience. you need to change the size of the stacked macro in properties.

3. dcoffin

dcoffin Forum Member

Ah, that sounds likely, in the one I'm currently fiddling with, thanks. So I need to dig down to find and select the stacked macro at some structure level to get properties to target it? Never made one, and I guess never til now tried to edit one… I'm a member of your tutorial site; is there a clip/tut there that shows this?

4. salamanderanagram

salamanderanagram NI Product Owner

here's a very old video

god, i don't know what is wrong with the sound, sorry. it was the early days of making videos. not sure if it answers your specific question or not.

basically you should be able to select it from the panel by clicking on the macro outline, and change the size in the view tab of properties.

5. dcoffin

dcoffin Forum Member

Good start, thanks! (The sound was fine; did the job:)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  6. Moshe B

Moshe B Member

look at my panel elements. looks like something missing...
    Untitled2.png Untitled.png

* It's important to have the "edit lock" closed to see the changes of the size. some how if the "edit lock" is open then you won't see any problems but ones you close it, it's back again and you can't see elements in the panel. also in order to find the right size of my stacked macro I had to switch between locked and open edit modes to see the changes that I put to the size of the macro.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017