1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Did anyone get to buy the flame orange maschine mk3?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by v00d00ppl, Sep 3, 2019.

1. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

Next time they should do , laker purple , wu-tang style

• Like Like x 1
  2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I would buy that.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

Me too , with yellow text !
    Paired with a yellow and black kk

• Like Like x 1
  4. BigPictureSound

BigPictureSound NI Product Owner

No kidding. I think NI should do a stealth announcement of a new batch just to mess with the sellers. Prices would plummet. Rinse and repeat, no one would want to spend 2k thinking they might not really be that limited.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. KidBomba

KidBomba New Member

Orange was same price as the black one.

6. MrMusic.

MrMusic. New Member

I am absolutely not pleased how they handled it:
    The sign-up for a notification mail was useless - no mail came.
    The counter on the website was useless as well - even after 0:00:00 the site said ”soon available”; it took some minutes and browser refreshs until it said ”buy now”.
    Then I happily grabbed one, put it in my basket... and when I reached the pay method section it suddenly said ”an item in your basket can no longer be bought” or so - so my Maschine was fished out of the basket again before the deal was fixed - I’ve never seen such a thing before!
    So I am quite disappointed about this unprofessional way of NI. But they won’t care... :(

7. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

I would be all over that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I think a lot of people dont realize that adding an item to the cart doesn't mean you got it, if you take too long confirming your payment and theres 100 other people faster then you lost your chance, if there's 10000 also trying... do the math. Also, due to browser cache crap and generally how the internet works I dont think everyone sees the same thing at exactly the same time across the world, 10 seconds in this sort of thing makes all the difference. All this when the site is under heavy traffic and potentially lagging.

NI's web dev team could have handled this better but I honestly didn't expect them too, they have zero experience with Hyped stuff afaik, perhaps a Cue system or a Raffle (often used for LE items) would have been better but even those can be unfair since it makes it sort of random.

Here are some tips for next time this happens:
    • Be logged in before drop time but dont refresh too much unless when theres a couple of minutes left to the drop.
    • Be as fast as possible clicking anything necessary, (I mean super fast... remember you're competing with others).
    • Have your address already written in your profile so no time is wasted filling it.
    • Have an auto filler browser extension for any other details like your payment method (especially if using a Credit/Debit Card).
    • Try it in a phone/tablet and in more than one browser all at the same time to maximize your chances.
    Those are just the most basic tips.

• Like Like x 1
  9. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

they should have picked 10 registerd maschine users at random and gave them one each instead of selling them off ..and as for the jokers thinking there gonna get over £3000 for a oranage maschine there living in cookoo land or maybe there are people stupid enough too spend that amount of money on a orange maschine..itd be cheaper too buy a normal black one and take it too your local printers and ask them to customise it and itd look cooler too.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Syclick

Syclick New Member

I was able to get one. But yeah, the actual Buy button didn’t come one for a minute or two after the timer ran out.

UPS says it should be here tomorrow. That was quick...

• Like Like x 1
  11. rottencat

rottencat New Member

ʌʌ
    This

People who missed the orange please don't hit yourself or NI too hard. Keep enjoying the music and other stuff what life has for you. If you do not have any past experience buying ultra rare drops it is more than likely you will not score. Its like sitting in a race car first time and expecting to be among finalists and get a medal. It can happen, but if not, its how the world works. We can argue about fairness and how it could have been done otherwise so somebody else would have won etc but the fact remains that there is only 100 of these out there so presumably because of demand there will always be someone left out.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  12. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

I wish they still made the white ones :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

will this then have "analog-milk-in-/outputs"? so one can cure the hangover from the "orange-vodka-one"? ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. tempsperdu

Possibly or alternatively it might make you pure...................:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

that would be nice. so i could send the bill to my "health insurance" (as alternative to a "detox-therapy"...).

NI: make the new maschine the "future of sound AND health" :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. LEGENDARYFINS

LEGENDARYFINS NI Product Owner

I agree, the white does give it that stormtrooper look. Very nice. You can always go this route.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. LEGENDARYFINS

Yes, coming soon: The "White Russian" edition!

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. tempsperdu

Looks like something Noel Fielding would try to make trousers from if Serge didn't try to knick them first.....................................................

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  19. kaotik78

kaotik78 NI Product Owner

Congrats man, I also watched the timer and refreshed but the buy it now button never showed for me either, lol. Post some pics when you get it!

• Like Like x 1
  20. LEGENDARYFINS

I too think the Flame Orange ones do look sick. I wouldn't buy another just for the color, but if they were originally sold side by side, I would go with the Orange. To all those who got em, congrats and enjoy!

• Like Like x 2