1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

In Sticky Different Tempo In Each Scene.

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by walerandei, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

+1

• Like Like x 1
  2. walerandei

walerandei NI Product Owner

+1

... still waiting for this musical and basic feature. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. jlinus

jlinus New Member

Just ordered a Maschine MK3 and it’s baffling to me that you can’t change time signature and tempo per scene, how are you supposed to write music?

+1

4. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

I really want this natively too (the Ableton Link workaround does the job), but this is a bit extreme!

5. jlinus

jlinus New Member

I was being a little facetious, it’s not every song you need time signature changes, but it does feel like a pretty big oversight for a songwriting tool.

6. granmah

granmah NI Product Owner

I don't understand why this company releases shiny things but doesn't care about this basic features

7. jlinus

jlinus New Member

I can understand from a UI perspective it’s a little weird when dealing with patterns, cause you expect patterns to be written for a specific time signature.

Though if you modified the time signature of a scene it could ask if you want to copy over from the previous time signature so you can either modify them, or start fresh, and then maintain a common set of patterns for each time signature.

Not that simple to implement, but I really hope they are working on it, or at least thinking about how to do it.

8. babymicrobe

babymicrobe NI Product Owner

Definitely +1 for this!

9. emyr

emyr New Member

10. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

+1 to this

11. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

12. Tony Jones

Tony Jones NI Product Owner

+1

• Like Like x 1
  13. mason drielling

mason drielling NI Product Owner

+1

Devils advocate here. (i lowkey really want tempo automation) but thinking about it, Creating a tempo automation would create a lot of room for other master automations that would be accessible around the same area of the DAW. Expand on this idea, what else are you guys thinking?

What if you could automate master tempo, master swing, master fx (and other various vst parameters), master output/input etc. on a master track? or in some kind of designated master automation area?

14. walerandei

walerandei NI Product Owner

+1

A must have ...

• Like Like x 1
  15. River of Graves

River of Graves New Member

I was considering purchasing a Maschine MK3 but if Maschine can't even do this... I don't think I will. And they recently released a standalone version of the maschine hardware and still it doesn't have this feature. How can you expect anyone to pay 1400 for that?

• Like Like x 1
  16. granmah

granmah NI Product Owner

And no Stereo to Mono conversion either (or a mono play option per sample)!!!! My Maschine Studio has been sleeping in the closet for years for these 2 reasons. MPC forever!!!! Even 90s samplers can do this :mad:

17. John Carpenter

John Carpenter New Member

+1 for this but the automation of tempo time sig and swing would be awesome!

18. Felipe Paiva

Felipe Paiva NI Product Owner

19. Joc

Joc NI Product Owner

+1 in scenes or clips, I don't mind which.

20. Walt Collins

Walt Collins NI Product Owner

+1. This seems like such a basic thing in songwriting. My number 1 problem with Maschine in general is that all of our songs sound too "maschiney". Our songwriting creativity should be absolutely paramount. My music is my art. It has to be unique to me, not cookie cutter. Maschine is my instrument and songwriting tool.

It's like the old Henry Ford quote: "Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black."