Digitakt, the end for Maschine?

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by detech, Jan 25, 2017.

1. de wouzer

de wouzer NI Product Owner

don't want to say one is better than the other one.
    love them both

for me it is about Deep Simplicity, Usability and Feel

I just thought... let me share my experiences

• Like Like x 2
  2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Interesting. Keep uploading those small videos! I will keep an eye.
    Subbed.

3. de wouzer

4. de wouzer

5. mivobi51

mivobi51 New Member

What do you think about digitakt comparing with new maschine mk3? Both of these controllers seems like extremely great. Which one is more fun with jamming and finding new ideas and inspiration in music?

6. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

I can recommend the BoBeats channel on YouTube, he has had the Digitakt for a while, and now also has the MK3.
    So he has real experience with both devices, puts out many videos, and is happy to reply to comments under his videos :)

You can find his channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFTK8Oiiny_vt4tzZkM4X0A/

7. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

of course they are both quite capable but they are too different to compare, the digitakt doesn't do stereo samples, and has far less sample time. The sequencer however is unique and is great if you're looking for something that's inspirational and that leads you rather than you lead it, until you've mastered it but then I guess most instruments are like that... but the digitakt does a little more leading in the beginning. The digitakt and the mk3 are in no way interchangeable and would make a great combination.

8. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

it's definitely not a toy though