1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Direct support removed for Software issues???

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by hlf, Oct 5, 2018.

1. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

Previously I was able to contact NI Support in email when had software issues. Now the email link is not available only Support Community at the bottom of the page...

If I do this through account/licence etc email becomes available but with limited categories to accounts.

How I suppose to get software help? Phone is not answer it's not traceable, every company should handle all support calls in ticket system.

Attached Files:

• NI_2.JPG
      NI_2.JPG
      File size:
      22.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Adil @ NI

Adil @ NI KOMPLETE TEAM NI Team

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. IVORM

IVORM NI Product Owner

Hi Adil,

That’s Nice to hear, but I tried to call NI Support phone this week but both Germany and UK where NOT available!!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

And if your a working person, you have zero chance of support.

• Like Like x 2
  5. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Seems ludicrous that in 2018 that you can't send an email for support, especially when screenshots, system specs and an incredibly long list of variables are involved.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Simchris

Simchris NI Product Owner

Well, to be fair they do say to post legit support questions in forum, and somebody from N.I, did reply to the original poster of this topic same day, within a few hours. Many companies moving away from email support due to the rampant RTFM problem in tech.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  7. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

Okay, thanks. Lets see how's Support Community working as per description below.

But I must note that it's NOT FAIR TO CHANGE TERMS OF OFFERED SUPPORT ON ONE END, PLUS WITHOUT INFORMING CUSTOMERS!!

"For questions concerning the installation or usage of our products, choose either Installation Help or Software Help. If you have further questions, please write a post or add a comment to an existing post in our Support Community. Our product experts will quickly answer your inquiries there. In addition, many other users share their knowledge in the Support Community."

8. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

RTFM issue is not an excuse to move away from email support, you link regarding chapter in manual or an article done. The main issue is when not investing to hire enough people to give support on high standard. Also with this latter you can eliminate responsibility for SLA...

9. Phil @ NI

Phil @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hello Native Community,

My name is Phil and I’m the Head of Product Support at NI. Me and my colleagues assist with technical issues, for example with installation and product usage.

I’m sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing issues when trying to contact our Support Teams. Let me give you some background info:

First off, we are not cutting back on our support. In August we launched our new support portal to streamline the way someone would browse the content, and highlighting self-help functions. In most cases this is the quickest way to get an answer to your question. We also have an extensive Knowledge Base that we are continually updating and honing, and which often includes videos. Most of the technical questions we used to get via phone and email are answered here. As for direct contact options, we have improved our Support Community - which also is integrated into our ticketing system - and we have 24/7 team coverage during week-days there. This is possible because we have dedicated colleagues from our LA, Berlin, Shenzhen and Tokyo offices working in the Community.

Other areas like Hardware, Registration/Activation, and Order Support have not changed, because these areas need direct and closed interaction (private settings, serial numbers, payment process etc.).

This Knowledge Base article generally explains how to browse our Support Portal and which contact options are available for which topic. I hope this clarifies the situation a bit.

The team and I are looking forward to helping you get the most out of Native Instruments offerings!

• Like Like x 2
  10. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

Hi Phil,

I appreciate you stepping in to make it clear by your explanation. I have to admit after trying support community I got response from your team within a day and now waiting for further progression.

I think the main cause of frustration here is lack of communication with users about the terms of support. And Just checked my email stream from you guys and nowhere in a single email this was mentioned though new and new offers and products coming up.

Also I need to mention an underlying issue you might be aware of that: a significant number of users are not quite happy with the KK software.
    I would be extremely happy if there would be an open communication regarding to the suggestions that a vast number of users waiting for years. Just please check 'Improvements for next release: wish list for feature requests' topic, can't really see an active participation on your end.

Thanks again Phil for your kind update, and looking forward to continue our discussion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Phil @ NI

Phil @ NI NI Team NI Team

Thanks for getting back. It's good to hear that you received a quick reply in the community. I also would like to thank you for your feedback concerning the lack of transparency about the changes of terms of support that you've mentioned. We take this very seriously and will improve our way of communication in that domain in the future. As for the KK topics you've mentioned, I have brought this to the attention of the Products team again.

12. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

Good to hear, thanks Phil for all your interaction in this. Would it be possible to follow up with the Products team please and keep us updated sometimes considering nature of the issue?

13. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

Just pinging you Phil, any chance to get some feedback please?

• Like Like x 1
  14. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

Pinging again...

15. Keir @ NI

Keir @ NI Community, man NI Team

Hey hlf, I know Phil is mega busy so I'll step in, concerning the updates from the team on the development roadmap, unfortunately it's not always possible to share what's being worked on for various reasons. Although we really do want to keep you updated, I don't have any news right now but it's being looked into and when we do have something which can be shared we'll post in this forum.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Why not though? The song layer was commented on in Florian's open letter, yet years later is still to materialize. Can we not have ballpark estimates of when to expect MCU for KKMK2, song layer for Maschine, everything promised for Jam, MIDI mode for Mikro MK3? As customers who have invested based on years of "we're working on it", it would be advisable to present some kind of timeline to the public.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Keir @ NI

It is sometimes the case that timelines change, features take longer than expected or work is required on other areas for technical reasons. As you've rightly communicated, one of the most disappointing things we can do is set expectations if they're going to take longer than anticipated to meet. Due to the complexities of developing software and the nature of agile software development, it's often not possible to predict and share everything as much as I would personally like. However, once some updates are available, I want to assure you we'll share them in the forum.

18. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

Thanks Keir. I would be rather interested in a review of the way of communication you practice with users. I'm afraid of that by the use of your words there'll be no change in communication, what you're saying fits the policy you guys keep continue ergo only update when the change/addition is implemented and ready to print to release note. So please have a discussion internally and listen to a number of users who got shut out of further communication. As mentioned before there's an example of this as the future improvement topic existing for four years.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Keir @ NI

Thanks again for your feedback hlf. It's noted.

Also, I didn't want to sound too negative, on the contrary, I am actually confident we will improve the communication with you because we have a new Director of Music Software who treats listening to and communicating with users as a priority. (However, I didn't want to mention that first off as more promises don't really fit in this thread and the improvement may take a little while to show).

• Like Like x 1
  20. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

Appreciate that, I personally don't take this as an empty promise and thanks for stepping over the limit a bit to give some update.
    I'm looking forward to this improvement, Keir. If any questions you would have later on pretty sure you know where to find us :D