1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Disable "Engaging Key Lock, resets a potential key offset"

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by zyguli, Jul 3, 2019.

1. zyguli

zyguli New Member

I thought 3.2 introduced a new bug - it turns out it's a feature!

"FIXED Engaging Key Lock does not reset Key Offset
    When engaging Key Lock, a potential key offset is now always reset to ensure that the track plays in the original key."

This is awful. Please make it possible to change this behaviour in preferences. I want to be able to adjust key before engaging Key lock, so when I engage it AFTER introducing a new track, I can change the key of the first track instantly.

What I request is basically to reintroduce previous behaviour as an option.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DJ Flex I

DJ Flex I NI Product Owner

Hi, I also thought there is some buggy behavior with this new feature. It's counter intuitive and doesn't work well at all. NI should make it optional in the settings. Of course, they never implement the feature suggestions from the forum, so we'll just have to deal with it.