Discontinued!

Discussion in 'B4 & B4 II' started by BobTheDog, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrKey

mrKey NI Product Owner

Yes, at least under Win7 RC 32 & 64bit

2. tufftone

tufftone NI Product Owner

Thanks.

3. THEOMEGASHADOW

THEOMEGASHADOW NI Product Owner

it sucks, they could have done more improvement to this product, better and more versatile speaker cab simulations, and more options for tweaking like the old ELP used to do. I think there was so much potential the beast to be released.

4. Jusupov

Jusupov Forum Member

Bloody hell, they just sold these instruments (B4 etc.) to MANY people and they knew those won't be compatible with Snow Leopard very long...

That's an immoral thing to do. Very much indeed. Not to tell the truth = cheating.

Personally, I cannot understand dropping out B4.

For PT users, NI has been love/hate a long time. Well, I absolutely won't buy anything from NI anymore. Enough is enough.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  5. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

6. Jusupov

Jusupov Forum Member

The question is how long, you see. Using B4 in any project is risky business from now on.

Back to PC? Haha.

7. Leee

Leee NI Product Owner

HEY NI!
    Any chance that all of these posts of outrage might change your mind?
    Or does the almighty dollar (or Euro) speak louder than your customers' satisfaction?

8. tufftone

I hear you. If you're after to have the latest MacOS it may need just another three years or so and your B4 is history.

9. EvilDragon

Then stop bitching and buy VB3, it's the only viable alternative, and actually sounds better, ESPECIALLY the Leslie sim. B4 Leslie sim is a cruel joke.

IT's 32 EUROS TILL 22. OF THIS MONTH, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

And it's not gonna be discontinued for a good while.

10. tufftone

He stated clearly a good reason for bitching, it's not his fault that this software will probably stop working with the next OS upgrade. What about NI deliver him with an alternative? Whereas 32 Euro for the VB3 is nothing to cry out loud and I'm also think about getting these, even if Komplete and B4 will work on Windows 7 for the next 10 or 15 years.

11. EvilDragon

That's what I like about Windows better, they're just more backwards compatible than Macs.

12. tufftone

True. On the opposite I wished Windows had done a leap to 64 bit, and only 64 bit, so that every (music-)hardware and software developer has to jump on the train. For the moment it remains vague.

13. Leee

Leee NI Product Owner

I think NI should sell the B4 line to the guy that wrote VB3, let him fix it up (improve on it) and continue to live on. There's obviously a demand for it. The only reason to let it die is so that people will buy the kore soundpack 57-drawbar-organ.

I own so many graphics programs that I've had for years and years that have changed owners so many times I can't even keep track.

14. SixStringGeek

SixStringGeek New Member

Only its not a viable alternative. :angry:

It doesn't work with Digital Performer (crashes) and the author appears uninterested in fixing it. I've seen similar issues with MrRay and the SpaceEcho clone.

Personally, I think he's not that good at Mac UI. :S

And you, dragon boy, are being a troll.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  15. Jusupov

Jusupov Forum Member

You must really be a fanboy crowding these threads with such shouting.

16. BobTheDog

BobTheDog NI Product Owner

NI have said they will carry on supporting B4 as long as you run it on a supported operating system.

17. Umudo

Umudo Forum Member

I don't know if he is uninterested, but I know he's (will, maybe after 22nd?) working on a new huge update for VB3. Btw, I'm not being a fanboy or something, I just wanna help people :)

18. tufftone

Will this be an update or a paid upgrade?

19. Umudo

Umudo Forum Member

That's from the e-mail he sent me when i contacted him about VB3. So I don't know if this one will be a paid upgrade or not.

20. tufftone

Seems it will be a paid upgrade. But as he has to start developement it will need some time before it's ready. I just asked 'cos I don't wanna buy it today and have a paid upgrade with exciting features tomorrow. :)

Thanks anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.