1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

DJ XDJ-XZ HID support

Discussion in 'Feature Request' started by man-tk, Feb 14, 2020.

1. man-tk

man-tk NI Product Owner

yes , please , do it

• Like Like x 1
  2. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

Yeah, I'm here with you! It shouldn't be too hard now after the recent XDJ add-ons ...

3. jimmyjamesh

jimmyjamesh NI Product Owner

I would love this too

4. jimmyjamesh

Please allow 669 days from request tho

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. djkikis

djkikis New Member

Yes that would great!!!!!@

6. Phill Renyard

Phill Renyard New Member

As HID for XDJ1000Mk2 has been added, please can we have support for XDJ-RX2 as well?

• Like Like x 1
  7. jimmyjamesh

IMG_7318.jpg

OK, so I tried using the detailed mapping dj_estrela uploaded https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/10305

I couldnt figure out all the Bome stuff for jog screens but his mapping works fine without this for hot cues, pitch bend, scratching etc.

So at least I can use my old stems with my pretty much redundant traktor pro 3 with my xdj-xz and D2's.

Dont think I can get traktor timecode to work but the sound card is fine in external mixer.

Something fun to try while we are all on lock down at the moment.

Heres a brief video I made, sorry the iphone has changed the rotation

• Like Like x 1
  8. dj_estrela

dj_estrela NI Product Owner

By popular demand I've made a video showing step by step how to install the BOME mapping to support the jog screens

Video is for DDJ-1000, for XDJ the steps are the same.
    Page 40 shows how the configuration should end up
    https://github.com/pestrela/music/b...on Help/DDJ Mappings - Installation Guide.pdf

Feel free to ask more help if needed.

9. Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ NI Product Owner

I may need help when my xdj arrives. I'll pay for bome and ask for your help when it comes. I'm looking forward to using it in standalone but traktor is such a good programme and I've used it for years so it would be great to have the xdj xz hooked up to traktor. NI why arnt you implementing the XZ into your HID list?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Norrland

Norrland New Member

How well does the mapping work? anything you found is missing to get the complete "traktor" experience? Like does the Cue buttons work? drumpads, does the loading of tracks work as expected?

The load button sits on the display that is why i ask, does it for for all 4 decks, like does it know when i switch to deck 3/4 to load in to them and not deck 1/2? These are important things to me and i could not find an asnwer. I want to browse all my music on the controller and never have to touch the laptop for that.

Thank you for the video.

11. dj_estrela

dj_estrela NI Product Owner

All transport buttons work for 4 decks.
    Eventough its shared buttons, the unit sends seperate channels. See the 26[1,2] in the below pdf.
    https://github.com/pestrela/music/blob/master/ddj/1 MIDI codes/XDJ-XZ - MIDI Messages.pdf

I do not own this unit. I ported this mapping from my main DDJ-1000 one, and tested it in a shop as the video shows.
    Best is to try this mapping for free.

12. Norrland

Norrland New Member

I see, does the buttons to change decks work as well? Double tap "shift" :) Thank you.

13. jimmyjamesh

While traktor works pretty well with XDJ-XZ, Rekordbox is awesome with it, you lose the waveform screens on traktor which is a big loss to me.

I prefer the FX on rekordbox these days, also double tapping shift to toggle decks 3+4 is really good too.

I still own a fair bit of traktor kit but not touched it for months since owning the XZ.

14. Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ NI Product Owner