1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Does Audio 8 DJ run on Windows XP 64bit

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR Audio Interfaces' started by Megamixplanet, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megamixplanet

Megamixplanet NI Product Owner

HI there

I know this may have been covered before however I cant find the thread. I have just connected Audio 8 DJ and its asking me for the following file (a8djusb_x64) which it cant find and which cant find neither so I am thinking does it exisist and what is my best solution? Thanks very much, appreciated

2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

please contact the support on this!

3. tecxx

tecxx NI Product Owner

i got the same message. the installer seems to be prepared for 64bit xp&vista, but there is no offical 64bit driver out yet.

if someone finds a beta version or something similar, please let me know :=)

4. Megamixplanet

Megamixplanet NI Product Owner

I am not sure that it does work on Windows XP 64bit. However I have moved onto Windows Vista 32bit and TS works perfectly fine on it. Dont quote me on this but I was talking to someone about Win XP 64bit & they recon it was made for use with servers hence the reason I found it difficult to get drivers etc programs that support it. Anyway very happy now.(for a change with current vista) I also increased my memory with an extra 1 gig which has made a big difference.

5. tecxx

tecxx NI Product Owner

windows xp 64bit is based on the windows2003 codebase, but thats all it got in common with servers.

i also used traktor/scratch successfully on vista32, but thats not the point. if you have a system with more than 3gb ram you need a 64bit system, end of discussion :=)

6. jUmB0.pwns

jUmB0.pwns NI Product Owner

as of right now NI claims a 64bit release for their hardware is in the works and will be available in the 1st half of 2008

seems like a long wait

7. Rentier

Rentier New Member

So, native_girl, what will NI support say when I contact them about a non-existing x64 driver?
    Or is there such a thing as an internal x64 version that they will send me after i contact support? If that is the case - putting it online marked "beta" would help everybody (like me + the various people that have asked for x64 drivers before) and save the support some time.

And before people ask why I use XP Pro x64 again: 4GB RAM, other soundcards like my Motu work fine and the performance is fine compared to 32 bit.

8. Thomas @ NI

Thomas @ NI Administrator NI Team

9. jUmB0.pwns

can we get an eta on the release of the 64bit vista drivers the current estimate of the 1st half of 2008 was made in november of last year

the audio8 locks up my xp laptop for unknown reasons and my 64bit vista laptop is unsupported

im currently stuck with a product i have yet to be able to use

this situation is unsettling

10. harry_Tf

harry_Tf Forum Member

curious..
    why did you install the 64 bit version of vista? i don't think i have any audio software let alone hardware that is compatable with the 64 bit version.

11. Rentier

Rentier New Member

Some Laptops come with x64 - why should you buy Vista 32 if everything else works fine? I myself have several reasons for x64, the most common reason is probably having more than 4GB of memory.

I wonder what you are talking about with incompatible audio hard- and software - I do music production on my x64 computer and Cubase64 with a bunch of plugins works just fine - so does my motu soundcard, I also know that RME cards work fine with x64.
    Also, I think NIs argument that audio software/hardware works worse with x64 is wrong - I don't have any problems, also the latency is the same.

Here are some more reasons for using x64 when making music:
    http://www.cakewalk.com/x64

12. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

If you're having problems with lock ups on XP with the Audio 8, you should be filing a support ticket so the problem can be looked into.

13. tecxx

tecxx NI Product Owner

curious... and i don't want to start a fight here....
    but why do people always ask "why do you install a 64bit os?"

maybe it's because we had a lot of success running it? i for myself think that xp64 is the best OS that microsoft has released *ever*...

14. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

the more people ask for x64 drivers the faster they get developed (probably) ;)

15. harry_Tf

harry_Tf Forum Member

i don't run windows anymore for audio so i was just curious as to how things have developed in the windows world. i do however have older software and an older m-audio/avid 2626 soundcard kicking around and was wondering if it would run in that environment. after reading that sonar page however it would appear that would be a big no. i was only curious, didn't mean to step on your toes.

16. jUmB0.pwns

"Native Instruments has started the development of 64-bit Vista audio drivers for all of its hardware products. The release is currently planned for the second half of 2008. Both ASIO drivers and native Windows drivers will be made available."

im hoping someone somewhere can shed some light on a concrete date now that its been possibly pushed back to december

17. djiggy

djiggy NI Product Owner

i've just installed vista 64bit and was also very disappointed, that i cannot use audio8. maybe there is a possibility to use some beta drivers?

18. JCO

JCO Forum Member

I strongly agree with your words Tecxx.

NI - Vista 64bit drivers please. ;)

19. crucial d

crucial d NI Product Owner

AFAIK, it's in beta phase still, stay tuned - it's probably not too far off

20. Rentier

Rentier New Member

If it was, they could just release beta drivers and let us help with the testing.
    Serato just released Vista64 drivers. I'll probably just get that then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.