1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Does kontakt come with any quality guitar plug ins?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by StarSMASH, Mar 8, 2020.

1. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

not the ones with patterns pre assigned to a key either. I'm just looking for a guitar that i can play like a regular instrument as a VST without being limited to strumming patterns and such. Does this even exist in any KUCE VST?? I searched "guitar" in my instrument browser and am surprised that all i got was a massive X preset called "muted axe". I'm sure they've considerably added at least one solo VST guitar that you can play freely in KUCE? After all, they have about 12 different kinds of basses.......right? If not, i'll just use the muted one and run them through guitar rig.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  2. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

Good question! I've been so caught up into some of the 'external' sampled instruments that I almost forgot that we also have a factory library! ;)

Try: Band -> 5-Guitar -> Elektrik Guitar. Then again, most of those presets sound electric and not very clean, though I suppose 'Jazz guitar' sounds somewhat decent if not a little too synthetic for me.

I did find something that sounded interesting to me, but you'd probably need some extra effects to spice things up a little: World -> 6-Strings -> Oud. It's not an actual guitar but it comes close (somewhat).

Hope this can give you some ideas.

3. StarSMASH

where are you getting these "band" and "world" drop down menus? are you talking about in kontakt?

edit- so i found what you were referring to, but have no idea how to get to "band" or "world" initially since maschine has no reverse search function

4. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

Yah, the default Kontakt library ("Factory library"). I know you already found these but I always try to keep random readers in mind as well and you're right: I wasn't very descriptive. I'm not at my studio right now and my laptop only has the factory selection installed and I noticed that some of these presets are lacking in there. So you'd need the full Kontakt for this.

I found something:

upload_2020-3-8_20-16-54.png

I only have access to my Mikro right now so I can't comment on how to do this with the full Maschine controller, but my assumption is that you should have a bank selection somewhere in the screen after you selected Kontakt in the browser.

Hope this can help somewhat.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. StarSMASH

oh! It was weird for me because i opened kontakt separately and it automatically had "performances" as what seemed to be the only default drop down menu, but it was actually a submenu that i had to go back from the the broader categories. weird way of explaining it, but i also never loaded it the same way that you did, but good to know a different route! thanks a bunch for teaching me something new once again.