1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Does The Finger work in KK?

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Kymeia, May 7, 2018.

1. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

tbh I have never used it as I hated the way it made fx change everytime I played a note but I just tried it in KK and it doesn't do that, it just doesn't do anything at all. How do I make it work and is there a way to make it work manually (eg using knobs or buttons) instead of that mapped to keys thing which gets in the way if you are playing it in realtime while playing an instrument like I tend to with fx?

2. Tim @ NI

Tim @ NI Director | Music Production NI Team

Hi Kymeia

It is not currently possible to use The Finger in KK as the required MIDI input cannot be routed to an FX slot. It is in our backlog as a topic for the future.

Best,
    Tim

3. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

OK tbh for me I'm not interested in the midi triggering anyway as its of no use when playing an instrument plugin so doesn't really sit well within KK anyway, a better option would be a live mode where it can be used manually with knob and button inputs, something more like Turnado

4. jg::

jg:: NI Product Owner

Hi people. Does The Finger work at all in VST / Cubase? (C9.5 64-bit, Win7pro), It doesn't come up in the list of insert effects. The manual I found on-line is quite old and only talks about Kore Player. Haven't found any info on the forum yet...

5. jg::

jg:: NI Product Owner

I worked on it some more, and there's a video that uses Ableton Live. This helped a little, so here's what I did in C9.5:
    - Select Reactor 6 Fx as insert in the audio track or instrument that you want to effect.
    - Choose The Finger from the list of Reactor effects.
    - Go to another MIDI track, and set its output to the Input of the of Reactor Fx.
    You can now use that MIDI track to control the effects set up in The Finger.

It works! :)