1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Dropbox Sync Setup

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ (for iPhone and iPad)' started by will4laptop, Feb 21, 2013.

1. will4laptop

will4laptop NI Product Owner

Is there any information on how to setup Dropbox so cue-points sync to Traktor Pro 2?

Specifically, I am wondering what folder on my Computer I should sync - the iTunes Media/Music folder?

Thanks!

2. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Open Traktor DJ and open preferences (sprocket symbol).
    Press the Dropbox option and "Link Drop Box"

A new window opens and you Log In to Drop Box.
    Slide the Dropbox Sync switch on.

Then goto Traktor Pro and in prefs click the Metadata Sync tab abd Check "Enable Metadata Sync"

If the system is setup correctly it will say "Active"

You must have Traktor 2.6.1 installed.

3. basile

basile NI Product Owner

whats the members list and how do you know which to select, ive 1 ipad but 3 entries?
    ---
    i've tried all 3 options, it says success but 0 tracks merged or imported and the bar at the bottom of traktor pro turns red with a message

Could not read collection playlist file basile hd private....

What am i doing wrong?

4. traktortips

traktortips Forum Member

Have you been using iTunes previously to manage your music?

5. basile

basile NI Product Owner

Do you mean as a bridge into tractor?

No, i've only used itunes in the past to play albums on my ipod/ipad.

All my single tracks for djing have been imported into my traktor collection from my music folder and manipulated there

i've only added single tracks tonight to itunes and exported to the iPad

6. traktortips

traktortips Forum Member

I think that might be why -

I am just having a play with it now and I am starting to think that you need to Put all your DJ music into iTunes - then Sync iTunes to Traktor - then sync your iTunes library to your iPad by connecting your iPad to iTunes - As you would normally sync an iPhone or iPad.

Then once all your tracks are physically ON your iPad (obviously a 64Gig iPad would be great for this situation!) Then when you sync through DropBox everything should work.

As I say I am just about to test this, but what I find EXTREMELY annoying is that my Traktor Software is on a seperate account to all my iTunes and iPhone stuff. Syncing my iPad with the iTunes in this account, will erase ALL the stuff on my iPad that is synced with my personal computer account!

Any other words on that? :(

7. kryptonite

kryptonite Forum Member

Karlos, I don't see a preferences sprocket ANYWHERE. What am I missing?

8. traktortips

traktortips Forum Member

Go into the App and pull up the track browser by sliding your finger upwards from the very bottom of the screen - than in the bottom left corner you will see the gear sprocket!:D

9. kryptonite

kryptonite Forum Member

Specifically in Traktor DJ. I can obviously find it in TSP.

Thanks!

10. traktortips

traktortips Forum Member

Yep - thats the one!

11. Karlos Santos

Or hit the Playlist button (top right, musical note symbol).

12. will4laptop

will4laptop NI Product Owner

2.6.1 and Metadata Sync - that was what I was missing. Thanks!

Now all we need is playlist sync - and between computers!

13. jimmyjamesh

jimmyjamesh NI Product Owner

i TESTED ADDING SOME HOT CUES TO TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO AND CLICKED SYNC METADATA BUT IT DIDNT SEEM TO SEND THE HOTCUES TO MY IPAD AFTER I DID A SYNC ON THAT, ANY IDEAS?

GREAT APP GUYS

14. Karlos Santos

Did you import your tracks from iTunes on the laptop to the iPad..?

Please take caps lock off.

15. jimmyjamesh

Yes I did, and sorry for the CAPS lock :0)

16. jimmyjamesh

problem fixed, if you go in to traktor music directory settings on laptop my itunes library was pointing to a diff collection, happy days

love this app

17. Jay.Dub

Jay.Dub NI Product Owner

Following on...

This has been a useful thread so far, so can I add my potential issue to the mix?

I love the idea of cuepoint management on the iPad then reflecting back in my main setup. It's the most attractive feature for me.

But, I have too much music to fit on any iPad, so, can you just sync certain tracks?

E.G. what I'd like to do is maybe build a playlist in iTunes, open Traktor and then from there initiate a sync to dropbox... then on my iPad I'd just have that playlist to work on, sync back, and tadaa all the cuepoints will be present... (once sync'd).

Is that possible?

Ta
    ---
    Actually, forget that, I think I get it now, it's the meta that sync's, not the music via drop box...

I'll have a tinker and figure it out :)

18. traktortips

traktortips Forum Member

So my tacks are now in iTunes and also on my iPad, my iTunes xml is set up in Traktor 2.6.1. (If I create a playlist in iTunes and refresh iTunes in Traktor, the playlist appears)

My drop box is synced up and everything seems good to go.

However - my iTunes playlists are not appearing in my Traktor DJ iPad App.

So, I thought it maybe because I hadnt dragged the playlist from itunes into the iPad at first. Dragging the playlist from iTunes onto my iPad, obviously caused it to appear on the iPad and also into the Traktor DJ app. However.....

If I create a playlist in the app, it does not appear in iTunes on the iPad, or in iTunes on the Mac, or in the iTunes section of Traktor Pro or in the playlists section of Traktor music collection. The Dropbox file however does update on the Mac.

So the only piece of the puzzle I can think is missing is that my iPad is not 'synced' with iTunes on the Traktor Pro (Mac Air) DJ laptop. My iPads' 'Home' computer is my iMac and therefore, I am 'Manually managing' the tracks from my Mac Air DJ Laptop on my iPad.

Would this cause the lack of syncing?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  19. Capnsodapants

Capnsodapants New Member

So I'm using the traktor dj app and its only loading some of my music (all downloaded from iTunes). Is there any way besides syncing it to a computer to get the tracks loaded?

Thanks

20. weltraumpapst

weltraumpapst Forum Member

i have the problem, that only some cues and grids are getting transfered.. if i open the itunes playlist in traktor pro, every track is imported to the collection, is griddded and hotcued, but the same track has no grid/cue in TDJ.

(is it normal that if i reimport a track from an itunes playlist to the traktor collection, every metadata is deleted?)

i normally dont use itunes for my traktor collection (cause it doesnt show traktor star rating and cover art), but i think i did everything right:
    copied tracks into an itunes playlist, opend that playlist in traktor to verify the grids, metasynced and put the playlist on the ipad..