Drum Maps for Cubase 6 Abbey Road Drummer 60/70/80, Modern/Studio Drummer

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by whitealbum, Sep 9, 2012.

1. whitealbum

whitealbum NI Product Owner

Hi,
    i'm looking for Drum Maps (Cubase 6.5) for Abbey Road Drummer (all versions!).
    Anybody?
    Thanks!

2. David Wise

David Wise NI Product Owner

Change the .xml back to .drm - and away you go

Attached Files:

3. whitealbum

Thank you very much, David.
    I will check it!

4. BBB777

BBB777 NI Product Owner

Abbey Road Modern Sparkle Kit Dry Preset And Custom Cubase Drum Map

Here is my set up for a modern dry Sparkle kit with custom cubase drum map.
    Order as follows:
    Kicks
    Snares
    High hats
    Toms
    Cymbals
    Extra

Paste Kontakt Instrument file in your Drive:\Native Instruments\Sample Libraries\Abbey Road Modern Drums Library\Instruments\Preset Kits

Folder. Open Kontakt load Modern Drums Click Presets Bobby's Modern Sparkle Kit.

5. whitealbum

Thanks you very much and Happy X-Mas :)

6. BBB777

BBB777 NI Product Owner

Updated Levels for Overheads and Room Mics

Updated Levels for overheads and room Mics.

Attached Files:

7. Sinned

Sinned New Member

Hi.

I am trying to understand how to get Studio Drummer mapped in Cubase so I can see which key is which sound.

Is it possible?

How do you change .xml to .drm file and then what do I do?

I am reasonably computer savvy but this seems to be a ridiculously hard process.

Any help would be gratefully received.

8. BBB777

BBB777 NI Product Owner

Download Studio Drums cubase maps from above. Open Cubase load kontakt Studio Drummer. Click the drum stick icon in the cubase inspector window were your kontakt midi track is located. Click drum map setup on that drum stick button. You will see load option in the drop down menu. Load file from location you downloaded to. You may need to switch to all files in the load menu window to see the .xml document because .drm is the default file setting. Click load you can then save it again, and it will become a .drm file. Alternatively, you can make a new custom map just assign each sample from studio drums options window to a note located under midi mapping, and hit apply changes. Make sure to map all articulation for kick, snare, high hat, and so on. Then label drum samples in the cubase drum editor window, and save .drm file. There are many videos on youtube that will show you how.

9. Sinned

Sinned New Member

Hi BBB777,

Thanks for this. Partial success!

I did as you said and loaded the above Garage kit into the Drum map set up. All seems there but in the output column, every row, I have, in red, 'Missing: Input 1'

I can manually input every missing input, however, thus takes ages.

Am I missing something?

10. BBB777

BBB777 NI Product Owner

Hello Sinned, you are correct. I've never actually loaded that map before. Outputs on drum map setup show missing input 1. What I had to do was go down the line on the output where it says missing input 1 in the drum setup window, and choose not connected for every drum sample listed. Afterwards, it will say "track" were it use to say missing input 1. Now just hit save, and when you reload the map the setting will be saved. That is odd I don't know of any other way to fix the problem. It's a little time consuming at first, but after you save to .drm file you won't have to select output again. After map is saved and loaded just make sure to assign that map to your midi drum track by clicking the drum stick icon and choosing "NI SD Garage Full." Happy new year.

11. t4d

t4d New Member

This is a drum map for the Brushes mapping for the Autumn Kit of Abbey Road 50s Drummer. I had to assign several Cymbal 1 notes to Cymbal 2 hits, since they weren't included in the default mapping. The Cymbal 1 brush hit is correct though: a true Cymbal 1 hit.
    I copied the note numbers from the manual, except when these were obviously incorrect. Feedback is welcome.

Attached Files:

12. Dask

Dask New Member

The attachments cannot be shown at the moment, does anyone have the drum maps and could upload them somewhere?
    many thanks in advance

13. MichaelNIForum

MichaelNIForum New Member

Is it possible to reactivate to downloads? I've got an error message, also for the ZIP files, but downloads in forum posts are working.