DSP articles published on NI website

Discussion in 'Building With Reaktor' started by stephan_schmitt, May 7, 2008.

1. stephan_schmitt

stephan_schmitt Moderator NI Team

Many of you know Vadim Zavalishin as the wizard behind the Reaktor Core Technology. Those of you who have read his Reaktor Core manual might have noticed that he has a profound knowledge on DSP theory. Without this foundation Reaktor Core would not have become such a valuable tool.

Vadim has done extensive research on audio DSP methods and how they can be applied to synthesizers and effects. He wants to share his experience and some of the most interesting results with the community of music DSP developers.

When he found methods of filter and oscillator design which are not described in the available literature he decided to discuss them in a number of short articles. We are happy to publish these articles on our website. Please have a look here:

http://www.native-instruments.com/e...tor-5/overview/modify-construct/dsp-articles/

The articles are in a very condensed scientific style. They definitely require some academic education and DSP knowledge. They are accompanied by tutorials helping you to implement and to try out the discussed methods in Reaktor Core.

We have also uploaded ensembles with Vadims tutorial structures to the Reaktor User Library. You find them here:

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?id=userlibrary&type=0&ulbr=1&plview=detail&patchid=7299
    http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?id=userlibrary&type=0&ulbr=1&plview=detail&patchid=8490

Those who dive into this material will be rewarded by some deep insights into the design of filters and oscillators.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  2. ehdyn

ehdyn NI Product Owner

Holy ****!

Olive branch accepted and appreciated:)

3. herw

herw NI Product Owner

many thanks - yes that's it. Please continue!

4. _nico

_nico NI Product Owner

+1

5. Hubert_Langlois

Hubert_Langlois NI Product Owner

This initiative is very appreciated. Thanks.

6. theologiae

theologiae NI Product Owner

a little boy (looking strangely just like me) walks up to the cook, holds his small bowl out and asks (in a British accent i'm sure) "more please."

7. wuntun

wuntun NI Product Owner

Seeing as I just noticed a post from Thomas at NI wondering why their had not been more interest in this post.

I have read it with interest. I'm not well enough educated in these areas to be able to use these docs, but I have been eagerly waiting to see what someone would build based on them. New filter types are, for me, one of the more exciting things to get developed in reaktor, and are very useful for broadening my sonic pallette.

How are others getting on with these docs? It seems to me that once people have an implementation to study alongside the theory, that this will be opened up to many who don't have the chops to turn the paper into a reaktor implementation from scratch.

My tuppence hap'orth.

: )

w

8. stephan_schmitt

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  9. jopy

jopy NI Product Owner

Excellent, thanks much for posting this. Improving the filters and oscillators is a major issue for Reaktor, so I'm personally very happy to see this, even if I'm not bright enough to follow Vadim's papers.

10. stephan_schmitt

11. BertAnt

BertAnt NI Product Owner

Thank you very much for the announcement !

12. Aleksandr Smirnov

Aleksandr Smirnov NI Product Owner

Stephan, thanks for announcement! Does sine waveform need antialiasing at all? I don't think it does and I haven't seen AA for sine in NI core cells. Sorry if this is stupid question. However, I will check tutorial and ensemble. I wish there were more such tutorials, but with more easy explanations (for newbies like me, for example). Thanks!

13. ETL17

ETL17 NI Product Owner

The link to the articles is broken!

Hi,

I think that the link to Vadims articles is broken. Can you please look into it?

Thank you,

Stefanos.

14. brainditch

brainditch Forum Member

I agree, the links are down, but in an unusual way, the packground NI page is present but no other info is visible (including the usual links to the "Community", "Products", etc.) in other words, no other links whatsoever, just the background field graphic. Thanks for your attention in resolving this matter.
    -brainditch

15. Thomas @ NI

Thomas @ NI Administrator

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Klinke

Klinke Account Suspended

:eek: (stutter) St-St-Stephan Schmitt...i knows u....from TV. :D
    Thanks for all the links.
    You are invited to post your probs and questions in the Forum. ;)
    Please come here more often.
    (I understand if you have alot else to do and need to see something different, when you are off from work....and time for family and hobbies)
    Seeing you here is very welcome. THX Thomas for the link refresh.

17. creart

creart Forum Member

Are the articles mentioned still available somewhere?
    The links and also the alternative link don't lead to the articles :(

cheers
    Hans

18. stephan_schmitt

• Like Like x 1
  19. creart

creart Forum Member

Ah cool - Thanks a lot Stephan!

cheers
    Hans

20. TriggerFish

TriggerFish New Member

Seems like the links are broken again, could someone at NI fix it ?

• Like Like x 1