Duplicate Presets in Kore 2 (Reaktor 5,Kontakt 4 & Absynth 5)

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by davidbroaders, Jul 1, 2010.

1. davidbroaders

davidbroaders NI Product Owner

Hi,

I recently installed the Komplete 6 upgrade but in Kore 2 i have two of every preset from Reaktor 5, Kontakt 4 & Absynth 5 (as shown in the attached screen shots). I've read a lot of posts on this forum and tried all the fixes but nothing seems to work. When i right-click and choose Open Containing Folder on both presets i'm taken to the same folder (Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Shared Content > Sounds > Plug-in Name). Can someone please tell me how to remove these duplicate entries from the Kore browser?
    Also, is it safe to delete the Absynth 4 presets folder from the previously mentioned location? I have all the Absynth 3 & 4 presets in my Absynth 5 folder and i wont be using Absynth 4 again (although its still installed on my system). I'm thinking i might need these for compatibility with Kore sound packs that make use of Absynth 4.
    Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

A full scan from options/database and rebooting your system at the end should take care of the duplicates.

And, yeah, you can remove the Absynth 4 folder- if you also uninstall Absynth 4. If you're keeping it on, that folder needs to be there.

ew

3. davidbroaders

Hi ew,

Thanks for your reply.
    I tried doing a full scan and rebooting at least 10 times now but the duplicates are still there. As i mentioned, both presets are referencing the same file and there's no duplicate files on my computer, as i've searched in every folder on it.
    Is there anything else i can try?

4. BurtaN

BurtaN NI Product Owner

I'm experiencing the same problem!

5. Klinke

Klinke Account Suspended

I would right-click in the kore-browser on the "strange" sounds-->then click on "open containing folder."-->then check, if there are really not two different KSD(positions).

6. davidbroaders

I tried opening the containing folder for the original & the duplicate and i'm taken to the same file. I'm sure there's no duplicate presets on my computer, they just seem to be in the Kore browser.

7. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Try rescanning your plugins from options/plugins; the database will rebuild after that.

ew

8. davidbroaders

I tried that but it doesn't fix it.
    Any other ideas?

9. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Contact support- there's something screwed up somewhere.

ew

10. davidbroaders

Ok. Thanks for your help.

11. davidbroaders

I've contacted support and will get back with there reply.
    If you find a fix BurtaN, please let me know.

Thanks

12. davidbroaders

Duplicates Fix

Hi,

NI support emailed back yesterday and the problem has been fixed.
    Here's what they said.

"please do the following:

MacHD > User > Library > Native Instruments > Kore 2 > Koredb

PLease move the koredb file to your desktop

Restart Kore

Go to Preferences > Database > Full Rescan

Do the Sounds still show up double ? ".

A reboot of the computer is also needed, as after i first tried this the library was even more messed up than it was, so i repeated the steps and rebooted my computer and all the duplicates had been removed.

13. sanelso2

sanelso2 Forum Member

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with duplicate presets showing up in Kore 2. However, I'm running Windows 7 (64-bit).

Does anyone know how to fix this on a PC?

14. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Sure. Do a search for koredb on your system; include hidden files and folders.
    I'm not sure about the location on W7; on XP it's:
    Documents and Settings\*your user account*\Local Settings\Application Data\Native Instruments\Kore 2

ew

15. sanelso2

sanelso2 Forum Member

Found it!

For Windows 7 (64-bit), the Kore DataBase file is found at:

C:\Users\*your user account*\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Kore 2\koredb

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  16. NIUser00

NIUser00 New Member

Thanks - I wasted 2 frickin' hours until I found this thread...deleting the koredb is the solution to the duplicate sounds in XP.

17. wetdentist

wetdentist NI Product Owner

but what if stars and colors have been used to rate presets? if you delete the koredb then won't all that info get deleted? i don't know what to do about this, ever since i installed Komplete 6 on my system, i've got tons of duplicates (most of them only have 1 listing though, because when i open containing folder of these duplicates, only 1 folder/file exists!) why why why?

18. studio13

studio13 Forum Member

This path does not exists on my boot drive OSX 10.6.4

the correct path for me was

/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Kore 2/koredb

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  19. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

What did you do then with the db file on your desktop? I'm having the same problem now after having spent several weeks installing everything from scratch onto a new system. I even seem to have some plugins showing up as duplicates (e.g. I have 3 copies of Ambience). I am not prepared to trash my db though as I have also taken some time to rate stuff.

20. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

You'd trash the db, Stephen.
    As for the duplicate plugins, did you do a full scan from options/database and reboot your system?

ew