Duplicate Presets in Kore 2 (Reaktor 5,Kontakt 4 & Absynth 5)

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by davidbroaders, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Yeah several times - I'm not prepared to trash the db though - not until NI separate off the ratings

2. losan

losan Forum Member

Best thing imho would be creating a user attribute (say "Favorits") with subdivisions
    (say 1 Star, 2 Stars... or "top", "junk" or what ever...) and forget about the ratings via
    the stars altogether (same with Kontakt's database).
    Then afterwards sort the sounds via your prior ratings, select them all (per rating), and then assign the new created "Rating" attributes to those.

Just my 2 cents, but I had deleted the koredb more often, when I can remember
    (for performance sake after lots of tagging) ...

Btw, colors are saved with the individual koresounds (for those being in the user content path - not for the factory sounds).

3. jbgb

jbgb NI Product Owner

Hi everyone, after this last update I'm having duplicate sounds also and deleting the koredb is completely out of question, I have more 10000 sound all rated and organized. If there's a need to trash the db from time to time than user input should not be saved within the db, rating and organizing my kore database took me many hours!

João

4. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

I agree fully. However I decided to go for it myself in the end and it does work. Losan's suggestion is easy enough to implement. Just sort all your sounds by rating first - then if you want to keep 5 grades of favourite select all the 5 stars at once using shift select and click edit. Make a User tag called Favourites (or what you want) and 5 sub-tags - I just called mine 5 star, 4 star and so on. Apply the 5 star tag to the 5 star patches and it will batch resave them. Do the rest for the others. It didn't take me too long once I decided I was going to do it and if you want to revert when you've rebuilt the database then just do the same in reverse.

5. losan

losan Forum Member

I'm just worrying, that it might not work with the factory presets, since
    you can't edit them (except one has moved them into the user location).

In any case before deleting the koredb - make a backup of the koredb before !

6. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Yes - this is why the best solution is probably to allow for a user ratings backup file to be exported (maybe as a text or xml file). There are sound reasons for not including ratings in the ksd itself but this is backfiring if the database is going to need occasional rebuilding from scratch

7. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Seems to have saved them OK - did complain about a few of the old Kore 1 sounds but that's all

I wouldn't rely totally on this method though as the factory content ksd's may get overwritten at some point by a new installer - I see it as a workaround - I've converted them all back to stars now I've rebuilt my database

8. jbgb

jbgb NI Product Owner

Good workaround guys, I've been working on a documentary and now I was making ksd for Reflektor's own presets and suddenly a memory of this problem came to my mind, working on it now.

Wait a moment! This is not helping solving this problem, factory presets don't save the new User rating. Anybody with the same problem?

João

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  9. re_mute

re_mute New Member

+1

10. LeoEspejo

LeoEspejo New Member

doesn't work

Guys on Win XP (32bits) I've tried everything you say on this thread and doesn't work duplicated presets are still there. Deleting Koredb doesn't work at all.

11. Lowkus

Lowkus NI Product Owner

I've run into a problem today similar to duplicate sounds. I installed the new 64-bit VST apps (Absynth, Massive, etc), but I still have the 32-bit apps in my ProgramFiles(x86) folder. I don't need the 16-bit versions, but if I delete them I'll lose lots of work that I put in adding custom attributes to the sounds. If I move the 32-bit KSD's to overwrite the 64-bit KSD's, will Kore point those KSD sounds to the 64-bit app? Or will it still point them to the 64-bit app? It would be nice if there was an option in Kore to set the target DLL for selected KoreSounds.

Edit:
    Well, that didn't work. If I move the factory KSD's from one factory folder to another factory folder, they lose all their attributes. That seems like a MAJOR flaw in the Kore system. I'm moving all my factory sounds to user folders so that their custom attributes can survive.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  12. jbgb

jbgb NI Product Owner

"16-bit versions?"
    "If I move the 32-bit KSD's to overwrite the 64-bit KSD's, will Kore point those KSD sounds to the 64-bit app? Or will it still point them to the 64-bit app?", please rephrase, lots of confusion.
    I'm pretty sure Kore doesn't care for your 64bit dlls, since it's a 32bit application. My Kore vst's folder points to the 32bit dlls.

****I avoid using Kore, I have many hours of work inside Kore but everytime I use it I have problems, cpu and RAM usage, etc.
    Still waiting (until patience is over) for a version of Kore (64x) that won't reduce other apllications performances, for example, Kontakt works so much better as a 64bit vst than a 32bit application inside Kore bridged in a 64bit DAW.
    NI is taking so long to make Kore 64bit that I've lost the habit of having Kore as my sound organizer, I used to have Omnisphere inside Kore, now that seems pretty ridiculous to me, even opening and playing 16 orchestral instruments from konatkt's orchestral library is impossible inside Kore on a 64bit DAW.
    Probably if it wasn't for the Kore libraries I have, I would never use Kore, it's just too much problems.

13. Lowkus

Lowkus NI Product Owner

Sorry, my brain skipped on that bit count.

Kore has been swamped in 32-bit just because the other NI apps have had some 32-bit limitations. But I think they just finished updating the last of the apps to 64-bit, so the release of Kore with 64-bit capability should be pretty soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see it before June.

14. jbgb

jbgb NI Product Owner

Yes, I have all the apps and it seems Reaktor is almost ready (beta testing), it will be very nice to have a new more powerful x64 Kore.
    Forgive my complaining but I'm so annoyed about Kore!

15. Lowkus

Lowkus NI Product Owner

I moved all the factory koresounds to a user folder. Custom attributes seem intact and I'm not feeling as worried about future installations overwriting the sounds.

16. p8guitar

p8guitar NI Product Owner

1. Mind that you loose the ratings!

2. The file path is: ... > Library > Application support > Native Instruments > ...

Peter

17. kspssd

kspssd Forum Member

Duplicate Sounds in KORE 2

So confused..I have 2 "Best of Absynth" listed in the Bank column of the Kore Browser. Click one and see 10 sounds listed. Click the other and see about 200 . Click the Best of Absynth from the Soundpack column and see all of them. Also purchased and installed Komplete 7 Elements and cannot find Kontakt Elements Selection library from the Kore browser I have to load a Kontakt instance from the Plug in selection then select "edit" then load in the sound from there. Should the Komplete Elements sounds show up as a Soundpack ? Any help to any or all of these questions is appreciated.:confused:

18. jbgb

jbgb NI Product Owner

Regarding the Best of Absynth appearing twice in the Bank column it has happened to me that due to some typo on the names or attributes things appear more than once, check to see if there's anything wrong.
    I don't have Komplete so I'm not sure how it should appear, but try doing a rescan to see if the sounds appear. If you've followed correctly the install procedure and everything was installed in the correct folders (and it is by default) you should be able to see those sounds in Kore. Maybe try to open Kontakt in standalone mode to see if the library is correctly recognized and then re-open Kore.

19. kspssd

kspssd Forum Member

Sam issue w/ duplicates

I see the same type of issue. I have 2 "Best of Absynth" (among others) I click on one and see 2 sounds in the browser. I click the other and see 200 listed. If I click "Best of Absynth" in the Soundpack column I get a big list that eventually starts to repeat there are a lot of sounds and after a while it hits me that I have selected a sound that has shown up a second time in the list. It is very confusing to keep these librarys straight if you ask me. ..I have just learned to accept it since I have found no real solution.

20. thePostman

thePostman NI Product Owner

Simple solution

I had the same problem on my mac. For me there was a simple solotion without creating a new database:
    - Move the folder Kore 2 from Native Instruments\sounds\shared content\ to some other place where kore database is not looking for it.
    - Open Kore and do a full scan: All factory sounds are removed from the database.
    - Close Kore
    - Put the folder Kore 2 back in place.
    - Reopen Kore and do a full scan again.
    - All presets are present again, with Rating and Flag, but not duplicate anymore.

Hope that this works for windows to.