1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Duplicate Tracks

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by gonzo.pete, Jan 20, 2012.

1. gonzo.pete

gonzo.pete Forum Member

Hey guys,
    So I'm having a weird problem within the browser.
    Say for example I search for "We found love" I get multiple entries, some of them play and some give me the Red Error message "could not be played due to a missing or corrupt etc etc"
    Here's the weird bit, when I delete the track containing the error message then go to play its working counterpart, the wave form analysis is gone and it has to Async again?
    So it would appear the duplicates are waveform analysis files but should they be appearing as track listings like that?
    If I manually locate the album with "we found love" there is only the one working file name!
    :confused: Confused or what :confused:

Anyone got any ideas?
    Cheer

2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

are you using itunes or any other software that moves your files around your hdd (or renames the filenames)?

traktor is sensitive to those changes. you could activate the file column in the browser and check for the differences and why there are several instances.

3. gonzo.pete

gonzo.pete Forum Member

Sorry only just seen your reply. I don't use itunes, just media player once in a while.
    I had to delete all my transient files and re-analyse everything to correct the problem :(

4. mastermc

mastermc NI Product Owner

the thing with traktor or windows is file names are not case sensitive so let's say you change one letter in the file name from a small to a capital letter and then do a consitency check, the next time you re import that same foder inot traktor, you will end up with a duplicate file and then you must manually delete that file from traktor's collection
    ---
    you do not have to delete transient files, all you need to do is clear your collection them re
    import your songs.