1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Effects routing : FX2 after FX1?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by melanaster, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melanaster

melanaster New Member

Hey guys. Haven't been able to find an answer for this yet.

I have Traktor Pro and an X1 controller. I'm looking for away to reverse the routing of the effects. With the way Traktor is set up, the effects go from FX 1 --> FX 2, as in the audio you effected in slot 1 will then be effected by slot 2. I'm trying to reverse the routing, so that I can effect something in slot 2, and THEN have it effected by slot 1.

I need this because I typically do a lot of glitching / Beatmasher-type effects on my right deck, i.e. FX 2. What I'd like to do is chop up a beat, and then add filters, reverbs etc after that on FX 1.

Hopefully this makes sense. I'm in Traktor / computer-land, and it's late here. :)

Thanks!

2. electrogrimey

electrogrimey Forum Member

Could you not just put the effects you have in 2 into 1, and vice versa? Have the beatmasher stuff in FX 1 and filters in FX 2?

3. melanaster

melanaster New Member

Yeah, I definitely could, it's just a workflow thing. I do almost all of my effects on my right deck, so it makes the most sense (intuitively, for whatever reason) to do all of my beat-chopping effects on the right deck, and then add the reverb / delay / filter stuff on the left.

I suppose I could get used to it the other way, but it'd be so much better if there was just a simple software solution, or preference I could set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.