El Capitan 10.11.1 & Traktor 2.10 Audio Dropouts - Help please!

Discussion in 'Public Beta Test - OS X 10.11 Drivers' started by gaa, Oct 25, 2015.

1. gaa

gaa New Member

Hey everyone :)

First time posting around here as thankfully I never had any reason too until now.

I'm running Traktor 2.10 and El Capitan 10.11.1 (which Apple said would fix the audio issues) on a 15" 2015 Retina Mac 16gb 512SSD basically a brand new Mac. Every time I use Traktor it's very glitchy with constant audio dropouts sometimes after a glitch my faderfox controllers stop working. I've tried all the different samples rates and the old and new beta Audio 8 drivers but the problems persistent.

Do I have to wait for the next Traktor update to fix this issue ?

2. vschroeder

vschroeder New Member

I have exactly the same issue.
    It's unbearable! A brand new MacBook Retina with El Capitan and the S8 controller.
    Audio lags and drop out. Especially when loading a new track.
    The CPU Load meter is going through the roof when loading a track.

3. Shaloo

Shaloo NI Product Owner

Audio lags and drop out and screen freezeing on load new track also happens to me on windows 10 pro,

4. gaa

gaa New Member

5. djaytek

djaytek Member

Las night while live dj'ing at an event, I had issues with El Capitan 10.11.1 , Traktor PRO 2.10.0 13 and Pioneer DJM850 and AUDIO DJ 6
    I am not sure which one is creating the issue but after 10-20 minutes of playing the both channel sounds are distorted.
    Quitting Traktor Pro and re-starting solves the issue for another 20-30 minutes...

First I was using DJM850 built-in sound card (without AUDIO DJ 6 connected) and I had the sound distortion issue. Before using, I updated to latest DJM850 drivers and also I updated DJM850 with latest firmware.

Then I thought that it might be DJM850 issue and I plugged my AUDIO DJ 6 (with firmware 47 and latest drivers) and the same issue happened with AUDIO DJ 6 as well.

Please help us troubleshoot the issue NI.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  6. ANDY X

ANDY X New Member

i have one problem since El Capitan ,my traktor 2.10.0 13 when usng Cdjs 2000s audio output routing only shows 1 & 2 ,this means both decks have sound coming out on one channel ....same problem with Cdj 350 & cdj 850 using the TSI File downloaded from the pioneer website audio channel is only 1&2 only

7. DjK77

DjK77 Member

TRAKTOR AUDIO 10 SOUNDCARD CANT BE DETECTED ON OSX EL CAPITAN 10.11.2

8. djtiny

djtiny New Member

DID YOU SORT THIS OUT MATE.......i am using a djm 850 without audio 6 and soon as i push the volume up a bit higher the sound drops out. I am just thinking of updating the firmware on the mixer....i really dont understand whats going on. I use a mac. The dj before me uses serato and plays so loud with no issues of sound drop. Very frustrating

9. djaytek

djaytek Member

Unfortunately no. I tried updating djm850 f/w but it didn't help. Also opened a ticket to NI and now we are trying to sort out the issue.
    Here is the response they have given me:

Hello,
    Thanks for sending back the Support File !
    I was asked to take over this support case by my colleague.
    There are quite a few known issues in the OS X CoreAudio driver currently, which
    can cause problems like the one you report and they can potentially happen in OS X
    10.9/10.10/10.11
    Our developement conducts extensive tests with Apples latest OS X 10.11.4 BETA 3 -
    this versions seems to apply a few changes which lead to promising results in
    regard to these CoreAudio problems.
    You could download & install the latest El Capitan Beta 3 and see if this fixes
    the problems you are experiencing.
    You can apply to Apples Beta Programm via the following link:
    https://beta.apple.com/sp/en/betaprogram/
    Since we do not offer technical support when using Beta versions, you could also
    wait until the final release of OS X El Capitan 10.11.4
    But if you choose to try out the latest Beta 3, it would be great to get some
    short feedback on the results.
    After this e-mail, from final version of El Capitan, I switched to beta and installed 10.11.4 beta 3, beta 4 and beta 5 respectively each week and tried it in the live events. But the issue is still happening. Also the latest version of Traktor didn't help.
    I am still waiting NI's support on this issue.

10. djtiny

djtiny New Member

thanks for the reply.....We are no clearer then. I am gonna upgrade the ram in my mac from 4gb to 8gb, hoping this might have an effect. I will let you know if it does but not holding my breath.

11. Karl Cross

Karl Cross Member

I have a MacPro 13" i5 Retina that I've had for 2 years, same issue with El Capitan for a couple of months. Glitchy sound and sometimes drop outs.

Getting fed up and concerned it was my macbook (as it seemed to glitch when watching video) Last week I purchased the current 13" i5 retina.
    Obviously El Capitan pre installed, and when i installed Traktor Pro it was the newest release.

Needless to say, I now have an identical issue on both. I think i may try the beta on the older macbook. nothing to lose. I won't be able to test it till friday tho as my S4 mk2 is at work.

Karl

12. Juan Bas

Juan Bas Member

Hi all, first time to write here.
    I have bought a new Macbook Pro 13'' with retina, it has 8gb with Intel i5 processor and 256gb SSD, and also it came with El Capitan 10.11.
    I installed the Traktor 2.10 (as it was the latests version). I dj with a Traktor Kontrol S2.
    After 20 or 30 min the sound comes distorted. To solve this I have to close Traktor and re-open it. Then everything is fine for the next 30 min and the the distortion again.
    I think it is the same problem that everybody here has. Has anyone got a solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

13. Karl Cross

Karl Cross Member

A quicker way to solve the issue, as somebody pointed out to me is to just turn the Kontrol off and back on, probably only takes a few seconds, if you have a mic plugged in elsewhere you can talk over while you do this. Im currently finding myself having both my Pro Retina's set up, each with a Kontrol s4 mk2 so i can swap to the other. From what i've read, this isn't necessarily an N.I issue tho. I know of others running El Capitan with other brands of similar products also having issues.

14. Juan Bas

Juan Bas Member

hi karl, thanks for your response. I was using another workaround: turn off and on the traktor software.
    so you are saying that the problem is on the El Capitan, but does anybody know what is the cause of this issue?

15. MichaelKMusic

MichaelKMusic Forum Member

I hear this is all fixed in OS X 10.11.4 its in final public beta now should be released next week sometime I hope this is true.

16. Karl Cross

Karl Cross Member

It wasn't solved on Beta 5 of 10.11.4, I'm on Beta 7 now But my stuff is at work so won't test it till Friday.

17. MichaelKMusic

Apparently it is now solved in beta 7 I should have said which beta I was told it was fixed in. :p let us know when u test please thank you.

18. Karl Cross

Karl Cross Member

Ah, thats good news then. Ive only installed it on my backup Pro Retina to start with. Don't wanna mess up the new one already. I'll post up as soon as i get a test. may need to try it over a couple of nights to check properly. Last saturday it glitched after 30 mins, then it behaved the following 4 hours.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Juan Bas

Juan Bas Member

Thanks guys for the feedback.
    Two days ago I installed the El Capitan update (can't check now what version was) and tried it for 3hs. Everything went well, but can't assure anything yet. Will try again during these days and write here how it went.

20. MichaelKMusic

was it in beta ?