1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

El Capitan 10.11.1 & Traktor 2.10 Audio Dropouts - Help please!

Discussion in 'Public Beta Test - OS X 10.11 Drivers' started by gaa, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Juan Bas

Juan Bas Member

I am back to Yosemite. No audio problems finally.
    I would like to go to the latest El Capitan version but, with no audio assurance no upgrade.

If someone notice about the problem solved in El Capitan, let us all know!

2. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Dude, why are you keen to update to El Capitan when you previously had issues with that OS?
    Rolling back an OS is a pain (I just did it) - I wouldn't be in any hurry to go back to El Cap no matter what anyone advised especially so early after the last OS update.

I think I'll wait it out and see what macOS Sierra brings.

Karlos

3. juanc

juanc New Member

Having the same problem as some of you guys here with El Capitan. I am thankful that i've found this topic. Downgrading to Yosemite.. should solve my problems.

4. MikaelAngelDJ

MikaelAngelDJ New Member

Hi Guys all, (sorry for my english lol)

well i have about 3,5 hours DAYLY gig and updating and updating OSX i finally just update today at official 10.11.6... traktor last update
    MBP late 2011 8gb ram 2x SSD (one OSX, one only for music)

Short history of my situation:
    till today dropouts was randomly occours (about 3 seconds sound off and back normal for the rest of the gig, i can see also waveform rolling as crazy during the issue and back normal)
    (i use a behringer cmd studio 2A controller wich have not 48000k, but VERY high gain level out, close to NI soundcards) so at 44.1 and 320 latency i can visually see waveform NOT FLUiD on screen.

after many tests i put latency now at 128 and frequency of dropouts get lower, happens every 2nd or 3rd day.. but still present.

I will test from today on after upgrade to 10.11.6 (finger crossed but really tired to play dayly front many people and waiting sound goes away...)

NATIVE told me to roll back to secure set SNOW LEOPARD 10.8.5 and Traktor 2.6.8 wich is stable and have no issues, BUT i cant because installed also other newest programs like LOGIC and and.. so please let us all know when the problem is finally solved.

please let me know also about of uninstall chrome and flash if it needs to.. and wich latency is better to use

5. Leonardo Prozczinski

Leonardo Prozczinski NI Product Owner

Well, I'm sad.

First, I bought a Retina MBP Late 2013 and a Kontrol Z2 in Europe. Few months after, back to Brazil, the problems with my Z2 started: the USB connects randomly, something wrong with the motherboard of the Kontrol and only thing to do is replace it in Europe (no money to go there again). But okay, I keep trying to connect it and once it does, it works. No problems.

Then, El Capitan came out and, as always, as an earlier user, I installed and the audio problems came. So I got pissed and, after a few emails back and forth with NI support, they asked me to call them in the US number. So I did and, after a 30 minutes talk with the guy, he told me the only two things I was fearing: my Z2 couldn't be fixed or replaced (he said that is better to buy a new one!!!) and that NI is working with Apple to solve the audio problem, but so far the workaround is to shut the Kontrol off and on again (since the latency change solves only for a few minutes). Well, I did shut the Z2 off this weekend during a set (while playing something in my Traktor DJ in my iPad) and the Z2 wasn't connecting anymore (USB issue again).

So yeah, this is a brilliant time for me, after a few years hearing and saying that Apple is great and NI is awesome, I'm now disappointed by both of them and have no clue about what to do. Right now, I guess I'll just switch back to Yosemite and hope my Z2 stays with ONLY ONE problem that once is sorted at the setup, works just fine during hours.

My setup:
    - Retina Macbook Pro Late 2013 / i5 2,4 GHz / 256GB SSD / 8GB RAM
    - Traktor Kontrol Z2

6. ikay

ikay Forum Member

Hi Guys,

Just purchased a 13" MBP Pro 2015 (manufactured March 2016 , 8GB ram, 256SSD)
    Which version of Traktor and El Capitan is recommended for use with a Kontrol S8 and occasionally a Z1 and X1.

Thanks and much appreciated.

7. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

Run OS X 10.11.5 and Traktor Pro 2.10.2 but update to 2.10.3 when it comes out of beta soon as it fixes some issues.

10.11.6 has not been tested by enough people yet, but I can report back next week as I plan on updating my test Mac Mini for this weekend (10.11.5 and beta 2.10.3 have been working well for me).

8. djpatch

djpatch NI Product Owner

I tried to install the TSP beta on one of the 10.12 betas and got the unsupported OS message. TSP didn't run the fist time so I scrapped it and went back to 10.11.5
    Haven't had an issue yet. We had a good 10 hour session on the weekend through a DJM900NXS.

9. ikay

ikay Forum Member

frankIe & djpatch thanks so much for your feedback.

What would the recommended latency settings be for Traktor with a S8 (or which ever mixer or controller you are connected to)
    What's been working for you guys ?

Thanks again.

10. MikaelAngelDJ

MikaelAngelDJ New Member

NI team (both with apple), will let us know when the problem will be def solved?? how long time still needs?¿

11. nison79

nison79 New Member

i am running in my macbook the latest traktor beta release and the problems with the audio drops are here all the times.
    yesterday i had 3 audio stops and it was very much frustrating .
    my set up
    macbook pro el capitan with z1 and d2 running
    i hope a solution will come soon cause this problem gave me headaches every night.

12. Christian Druxs

Christian Druxs New Member

I am so mad!!! Not only that some assholes stole my macbook and I had to buy a new one (el capitan), now I have those dropout issues too. I am looking like an amateur standing in front of a huge crowd performing and having those dropots playing a techno set at full ... I am so what of pissed on, cant describe!!!

first traktor lost all track informations and could not save the settings and I had to type into a black box like a cpu geek to solve that and now that.

sorry, but Im running in circles!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  13. Karlos Santos

If you have previously purchased a Mac with an older OS then El Capitan then you should have the ability to download that OS from the App store.
    If not, your local Apple store will be able to put any OS that you want on the Mac if you tell them that El Capitan is problematic.

Unfortunately this issue is still being worked on by NI and Apple. Remember this is an issue with El Capitan.

Karlos

14. nison79

nison79 New Member

will i have problems with d2 controller if i switch to mavericks?

15. Karlos Santos

You should be fine if you're using the latest version of Traktor that supports the D2 but I can check that for you as I have 2 x D2's and an MBP with Mavericks and the latest Traktor.
    I'll try do it this weekend.

Karlos

16. Karlos Santos

I'd be very interested in your findings with 10.11.6.

Long story short, my Photos library will not open on my 'wedding gig' Mac as it's on 10.11.3 and the library was made on my 'club gig' Mac which was on 10.11.5 until I reverted to Mavericks. Apple have really screwed up including Photos in the OS instead of it being a separate and downloadable application as it was with iPhoto. My iPhoto library opens but does not show anything added since the upgrade to Photos.

Karlos

17. MikaelAngelDJ

MikaelAngelDJ New Member

hi all,

well again and again, after 10.11.6 update the problem still here!! randomly audio drops out couple of seconds and back.

i have MANY problems because of this with my job, so..

i will this week ask to my lawyer to act, TIRED!!!

18. djpatch

djpatch NI Product Owner

Try the 2.10.3 update out mate. Works OK for me - MBPr, DJM900NXS, Audio10, Vinyl Timecode.

19. MikaelAngelDJ

MikaelAngelDJ New Member

anybody else fix the audio crashes with last 2.10.3 update?

20. djpatch

djpatch NI Product Owner

Does it drop out if you're using Deckadance instead of Traktor?
    We're using a Pioneer Wego right now and its not dropped a beat.