1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Electrical (Static) Shock: Serious Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by El Caobo, May 19, 2014.

1. El Caobo

El Caobo New Member

Very often, when I am connected to my Traktor S4, when I try to use the mouse pad on my laptop, as soon as I touch it, it creates what seems to be an electrical/static shock; which causes the the music to freeze somewhere from a fraction of a second to as long as about three seconds, then it returns to normal.

This happens a little less frequently when I touch something metal before touching the pad. However, touching metal first doesn't always work and while spinning I cannot be worried about this and often forget to touch metal first.

This is a very serious problem because I never know when it freezes it causes a disruption of the flow and upsets the dancers. Also, even after touching metal, I never know if it's going to happen. It is a nerve racking problem and affects my mood, which of course affects how I spin.

I do two radio shows every week and only use my laptop without the S4. The problem I've described never happens when using my laptop without the S4. My program version is 2.6.8. So, the issue has something to do with the connection between the laptop and the S4. The program on the laptop works just fine without the S4.

What can this be and what can I do to fix it? PLEASE HELP!