Solved Error Massive X

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by René must be Unique, Jun 27, 2019.

1. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

Even then I get an error message.
    First time start up,
    AB MX error.JPG

Second start up,

AB MX error 2.JPG

René

2. spdycar13

spdycar13 New Member

After the extended wait they release a version with no standalone "in this version"? What? This is unacceptable to say the least but that's why we are all here. I highly recommend a great little program called Savihost by Hermann Seib which will let you play most any VST as a standalone, just follow the instructions. It's free with an option to make a donation. I feel strongly that the developer should receive a donation from you if you choose to use his program after checking it out. I have never had any problems with it using Windows or MAC.

3. laszlozoltan

laszlozoltan NI Product Owner

crowd sourcing a developers job ? if that is the solution, then the dev has the moral obligation to recompense this person on behalf of it's user base.

4. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Windows version?
    Make sure windows update is fully up to date. Reboot and run it several times.

5. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

This is so odd I'm on Win 10 Pro (1903) on a similar age I7 and it loaded fine into Maschine, Komplete Kontrol, Reaper and MuLab. It also loaded fine within Reaper and MulLab using Maschine as a Vst.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  6. René must be Unique

@ CakeAlexS, tempsperdu

Have just looked, and let new updates be searched, and get the message that windows is up to date.
    Version (1903) W pro.
    I also checked with Intel whether my I5 is equipped with AVX.
    And he is.
    I experienced this before with the Phasis plugin.
    But no longer know what the solution was then.
    It has something to do with rights.

To exclude everything, I think I will reinstall the system in the coming days, so I can try out my KUCE hard disk. ;)

René

7. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

Have you tried uninstalling and then re-installing Massive X? Maybe the dll got corrupted for some reason.

8. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

FWIW.. it works for me in Maschine and OS X. Note: i have not updated to latest Maschine patch. I am on the update before the new sounds.com patch thingy.

9. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Massive X (including many presets) won't play or record properly in Maschine anyway as it doesn't support aftertouch.

10. René must be Unique

Yes i have.

René

11. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

If it's a permissions issue, you can always compare the permissions between the Massive X dll and a plugin that you know works well.

12. René must be Unique

I have already done that, and they are the same.
    So you would expect it to work. I am again faced with a mystery.

René

13. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

Maybe it's the permissions of the content?

It's in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Massive X

14. telecode101

FWIW. this happened to me as well on a newly installed Windows system. Its because i keep the VSTs in a non standard location. I had to manually re-add the plugin location in Maschine plugin settings.

goto preferences -> plugin --> location

Add folders and rescan.

15. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

The same here. Its sad that one allways have to Deal with issues even when freshly installing a new system (when one needs to install things the "non-default-way"

I mean its rolls royce software that we all enjoy, once installed, do you agree?

But the "installation-experience" is more "alfa Romeo like"...beautyfull...

but you need to get your hands dirty quite often

Gesendet von meinem TA-1020 mit Tapatalk

16. telecode101

Well. no. In my case I purposely am placing the VST and content folders in a different folder and location than where the application expects it to be in. So it makes sense you need to go into the app and tell it where the VST and plugins are now kept. On my setup, i have a main SSD for the OS and a regular large 1tb SATA for data. I keep VST and Komplete content on the SATA and the main applications on the SSD with the OS.