1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Expansion trade?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by AIC, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Tekkerz

Tekkerz New Member

I have magnetic coast looking for a trap/rap expansion

2. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

never mind

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  3. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

I have KUCE but would like to swap one of the expansions for the newer “the stereotypes”. If I swap one of the expansions but have used some of those sounds on older projects, will they be inaccessible as midi? Will I have to save them as .wav files prior?

4. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Never knew you could do this interesting if I was to swap an expansion i would need 2 for one.. makes no sense..

5. Captain Blasto

Captain Blasto NI Product Owner

You cannot transfer the expansions included in KUCE because it’s all one license. You can only trade or sell ones you have purchased individually.

I plan on upgrading from 12U to 12UCE in the next summer sale. In addition to upgrading from Select to K12U, I also purchased a bunch of individual expansions that are included in UCE. So in that case I will have a bunch of duplicates I will be able to sell/trade. But anything that I hadn’t previously bought that came with the K12U collection would not be transferable or able to be sold outside of the K12U upgrade itself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

I just don't understand the trade aspect.. there is no like for like trade.. I know all the same price but just because there the same price dont make them equal...

7. Captain Blasto

Lol what? They all cost the same, so their value is inherent in your taste as an individual. Therefore, some expansion you don’t care for at all may be very valuable to me, and vice verse.

If you make house and I accidentally bought some house expansion I don’t want, I can potentially trade to you for an expansion you’re sitting on you regret buying. There are many situations where trading or selling these expansions are desirable.

• Like Like x 2
  8. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Those that came with KUCE are the hardest ones to trade because a ton of people also have it available to trade/sell when they upgraded to KUCE and ended up with dupes.

9. Captain Blasto

Yeah I figure I will probably bundle the lot of them for a reasonable price and try to find a buyer who’s new to the NI ecosystem and looking to branch out from Select.

10. Scxtt

Scxtt New Member

What is the process for trading expansions? I would be willing to trade one or two of my lesser-used expansions. I'd like to get Opaline Drift from somebody.

11. J-Sin

J-Sin New Member

If the license key hasn't been used yet you should be able to just trade keys. If not, you'd have to transfer the license key first before trading.