1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Expansions installing on root ssd NOT according to Native Access Preferences

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Trevorhor, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Trevorhor

Trevorhor NI Product Owner

NI, How do we relocate Expansion files? NI preferences set content to a different drive and folder BUT in Windows 10, Expansions installs to root SSD under users/public documents. This is obviously not good for the system. How do we get the content files to follow Native Access Preference designation? Thanks.

2. mykejb

mykejb NI Product Owner

Mine installed ok to the path in NA preferences, although they were already installed there. I had the download location set to my user folder so I have to clear some space but that's all. The only things in the users/public documents folder related to NI are the resources for KK/Maschine and a small amount of stuff related to Native Access.

3. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Thats root in windows? Im an OS X guy but that sounds like the multi user shared folder.

4. ntula

ntula NI Product Owner

you have to change the prefs in NA per your preference for install locations. so if you want some of it on your boot SSD and some on your external, you have change the prefs each time in NA or, and i do not recommend this for your first installation, your download it, lock the file, force quit NA, then run the installer from the disc image and you can enter the location like any standard installer, as the first time you install it, you should use NA to make sure it is registered correctly. if you have to re-install or want to change the location, then running the disc image installer works great as the software is already registered and the installer can change the path for you. - that is one of my gripes about NA, it should either not only let you save the download for additional installations, but mount those disc images and install them again using NA just like it could use the k11u hard disc, or parse a selected folder for these.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mykejb

mykejb NI Product Owner

Saving the ISO images would be nice, especially if you could just copy them to the K11U disc so they're there and automatically found when you need to do a reinstall. Having said that, I've been pretty lucky with NA - the times I've needed to reinstall the whole NI package I've just set it off before I went to bed and in the morning it had installed everything including all Maschine packs, Traktor etc. The only thing I really wish it would do is check if I already have the content present in the content location and not bother trying to reinstall if it's there.

Mike

6. Trevorhor

Trevorhor NI Product Owner

The Preferences in Native Access was set to install content to H: drive but the Windows installers put it in the C: drive under users/Public Documents. Any way to avoid this?

7. ntula

ntula NI Product Owner

it is not a solution to yet another NA bug, but you could just move them manually and use maschine to correct the locations in the library prefs, or you could try to use NA to do it by repair.