Solved Exporting as Audio Question

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by lluvaas, Feb 27, 2019.

1. lluvaas

lluvaas NI Product Owner

I have an Arrangement and wonder how to export the whole song in such a way (if this is possible) to keep the parts/patterns/and scenes in exactly the same format as they are here in Maschine? I want to export to Pro Tools 12. I know how to export individual sounds, but the concern is that if I export (ALL) it won't come into PT's with the exact arrangement from Maschine. Hope I'm explaining this well enough! Thanks once again. L.

2. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

If you export master it will export 1 track for the whole track
    If you export group it will split it into groups
    And sounds by sounds

All , will export the whole song , how it’s played in the timeline , you will get 1 track if you select master , you will get multiple tracks if you select group or sound , depending on how many groups or sounds you have used , these will be the same length, then import into daw , as long as these all start at the same point your song should be the same as it’s played in maschine.
    Eg if I was exporting to upload a song to soundcloud, I would export, all , at master level

If I was mixing in a daw , I would export all at sound level , so I had individual tracks for each sound, I might use group level sometimes like if I layered sone sounds in a group or had a group of samples and I was happy with the levels

Loop , what ever you have looped

If you select split by section it will split it by scene

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  3. lluvaas

lluvaas NI Product Owner

Thank you much! I will try this. I tried ALL and it didn't seem to work correctly. I still got the individual sounds.

4. lluvaas

lluvaas NI Product Owner

I just tried Export ALL and Selected Master and the Song is exported as it is in the Arranger. But here's the thing: the Song needs to be Mixed in Pro Tools, or I do it there, so I need to export the Song as it is in the Arranger, but have the sounds not bounced so that they can be mixed separately For Scene 1-- I have two patterns (as an example) Pattern 1 has five sound slots and Pattern 2 has 3. Is there any way in Maschine to export the Song as it is, but export the Patterns with their sounds so that they can be worked on separately? I hope I'm making myself clear. I fear there is no way to do this. If so, I guess I'll just have to do all of the arranging in Pro Tools.

5. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

What does this mean? How can you mix something in another application without Bouncing to Audio?
    By selecting "Sound" as an export source all your sounds are exported separately.

Are there Patterns not present in your Maschine arrangement that you also want to include in your Export, is that it?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  6. lluvaas

lluvaas NI Product Owner

I'm not explaining this well at all. Sorry. I have the Song laid out and want to import that into Pro Tools. I have been bouncing audio from Maschine into Pro Tools for some time, but the issue here is that if I export sounds they come into PT's as different tracks with the result that the formation of the song is changed. So, as I mentioned here I have been exporting sounds separately. I wonder if there's a way to export the whole song while maintaining the actual progression that I've created in Maschine? Is this any clearer?

7. RudeGullit

RudeGullit NI Product Owner

I do that all the time (to ableton), so I don't understand the problem. Only thing I can think of is that you are working in ideas view instead of the arranger. Could that be the problem?

8. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I think RudeGullit is probably right, use Section View, arrange your song then Export "Sound"
    This will export each Pad to a separate Stereo Track, each will be the full arrangement.
    [​IMG]

9. lluvaas

lluvaas NI Product Owner

No, I'm working in Song view.

Okay, I will give this a try. I am in Song View not Ideas View...I don't know what Section View is. Thanks for this. I will try.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2019
  10. lluvaas

lluvaas NI Product Owner

Thank you both very much! I picked RANGE and then SOUND for the export and it worked like a charm! I don't know why I was having an issue before, but now it's great! Thanks so much!

• Like Like x 2