External Hardware control module (primary) to include maschine, maschine jam

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Moonbot7000, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Moonbot7000

Moonbot7000 NI Product Owner

Not sure why reaktor has no love for true maschine integration. Running reaktor in maschine is an amazingly powerful combo, but interacting with maschine is downright awful. I know there is a block, but that block only works properly with the mk2 which was almost a decade ago now? A good solution would be adding control parameters and features to the already existing external hardware module. Pretty please?

2. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Inside the full version of Reaktor 6 is a building block 'Hardware Control'.
    Is that enough?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Moonbot7000

Moonbot7000 NI Product Owner

sorry, took me a while to get to researching that macro and checking out. That module is only designed to interact with the light system of the S series keyboards (or A? the nicer ones with all the lights on it)...In the explanation of the module in the manual it states that this module will be updated to support control of more NI hardware, but alas, a promise unfulfilled thus far. Really unfortunate how NI makes these amazing, world leading (IMO) products like maschine and Reaktor et al. but then fails integrate them together. That's why people love their Macs and other similarly maintained ecosystems of inter-functionality and compatibility. I understand that some of this stuff is very niche though. ehh.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

With a new ceo further devs will be come soon?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1