Extremely warped records

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by dimitrik, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dimitrik

dimitrik Forum Member

Has anybody else gotten extremely warped records ? I opened my traktor scratch box and hooked up the audio 8 then installed TS then proceeded to take the vinyl out of the sleeve only to see that is it the most warped record I have ever seen...:angry: Both of them are horrible. There are also small white flake looking things that do not come off and cause the time code to pop and click so I imagine that wouldn't be good for TS trying to read that poppy clicky timecode. I can't even mix with traktor scratch because the warps send my needle flying like it jumped of a ramp can't even get more than 10 seconds audio without jumping all over the place even with the timecode closest to the center of the records. How would I go about getting this fixed do I visit the store and ask them to get new records ? I've already activated TS so I don't think I can return the whole box since they couldn't sell it to someone else since it has been activated. Also since I activated it doesn't that mean that my crossgrade product will now be gone from my account ?

Moderators please let me know how to fix this I am a FS 1.0 user who has gone through hell in the past and this first bit of BS is now making me think I've made a second mistake please tell me I'm wrong.

Oh yeah one more thing as soon as I switch to vinyl mode my playlist starts scrolling to the bottom and stays locked at the bottom. If I click a file higher up on the list it just starts scrolling to the bottom again.:eek:

Just like FS I'm excitedly awaiting just to be let down AGAIN :angry: I'm attaching images to show just how bad this is.

Feedback is appreciated.....

Attached Files:

2. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Did you purchase your kit from a store or from NI directly?

Those records look heat damaged.

If you got it from a store, de-register your TS and take it back and make them exchange it.

If you ordered it from NI, file a support ticket, post the ticket # here and one of us will forward the issue.

Either way we'll help you get fixed up. You didn't make a mistake you just got a bad kit.

PS: The timecode closest to the center are the vinyl scroll tracks.

3. dimitrik

dimitrik Forum Member

Thanks Quartz I remember you from way back when stanton had a forum for 1.0. Thanks for your response I purchased it in london, ontario. What do I do if the store says the package and cd's are unwrapped so I can't return it.

Even if they were flat the flakey pieces still make it damaged and unusable. I've attached another pic in showing these marks they are almost like slight gouges in the record.

Just out of interest why would you want to scroll tracks using a record ? Just sounds wierd and wondering what purpose it serves other than scrollin through the list

Thanks for your help quartz.

Attached Files:

4. djquartz

Hello again,

Even if you wanted to keep your box, etc. They could open another kit and swap the vinyl for you.

That is unacceptable and I would be firm on the matter. They should replace those, that's horrible! Plus the sales person should use common sense and see the vinyl are damaged and replace them.

As for the scroll tracks, they are for scrolling and loading tracks so you don't have to touch your keyboard. There might be more functionality added down the line for those tracks as well.

5. kboogie

kboogie New Member

i had the same warped records and i called NI and they sent me new ones the next day. good CS if you asked me .

6. Seoul4Real

Seoul4Real New Member

I ordered mine from zzsounds.com and my records looked extremely warped as well. I was unfortunate enough to just order 2 more from NI's website instead of calling to see if they can get replaced... :(

7. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

holla! this is what i call warped... please return the records at your local store or write to NI support - that should not be a problem.

8. dimitrik

dimitrik Forum Member

Hello,

I contacted the shop that I purchased TS from and they said it would be 1-2 weeks to get a replacement but said I could call native instruments directly and they should be able to ship next day. I'm trying to call 1-866-556-6487 which is the toll free number listed for US and Canada I'm in london, ontario canada
    but when I call that number I get a message saying this number cannot be reached from my calling area.

How do I contact NI north america regarding the replacements. I was given a number by tech support which is 323-467-5260, but I can't get through it just says that all agents are busy call back later. I've been sitting here at my phone for over an hour dialing over and over.

Since the toll free doesn't work for me for some reason. Is there a number that isn't toll free for north america ?

Please help ! :D

9. dbsoundz

dbsoundz NI Product Owner

wohooo, not bad, NI!

I hope that mine will not look like this, my package is waiting for me @ the postoffice :)

10. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

===
    The word from Friedemann on this is: if the dealer is not able to exchange the records, the Scratch user should directly contact NI support. I believe the 323 number you have is for the LA office BTW.

U.S. Technical Support (registered users only)
    Tel.: +1.323.467 2693

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Phil

11. dimitrik

dimitrik Forum Member

I have contacted support and they are sending new ones. The gentlemen I spoke with said that they wouldn't have them for a few days so it might be here next week. I certainly hope it is ;)

12. dimitrik

dimitrik Forum Member

Hi Phil,

After hanging up with NI I realized I was not given a ticket number and I haven't received a confirmation email. Should I get some sort of reference in case I need to call back and ask about that call, or some sort of confirmation email saying that my records are being shipped.

Should I call back ? It just seemed a little to easy so I'm wondering if I talked to someone that didn't know what they are doing and I'm going to wait for records that aren't coming.

Is there a way that this can be looked into to confirm ?

TIA Phil

13. hosmurf

hosmurf New Member

YESS Warped Records!!

Dimitrik,

I waited months for this product to come out, and was really excited when my shipment came. To my dismay, the records were COMPLETELY warped. This really irritated me and I thought I was the only one to have this problem. Hopefully this is an issue with the first series of traktor scratch.

I called NI, but they said they would not have replacement vinyl for a few weeks. Called the store I bought it from, and luckily they sent me a replacement system.

I'll be posting my review of the system soon with pix. A few issues, such as weird intermittent computer noise/ hum interference (when the system is not playing any music), are ailing my setup. Any suggestions?

14. dimitrik

dimitrik Forum Member

What ?????

Ok now I'm really confused they told me a few days but told you a few weeks ? Can one of the moderators possibly clarify how long it is going to take until NI has more vinyl ? I'm in london, ON Canada if that helps. If it is a few weeks it might be quicker to go through my dealer....

15. djquartz

I would call back and get a tracking number at minimum.

16. FunkyRob

FunkyRob Forum Member

All this warped vinyl is nuts. Where these products flown across the Atlantic Ocean, or did they come accross on a boat I wonder. Seems like the containers were subject to some crazy heat or something.

My 2 records are fine though.

17. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

I'd almost bet money that a shipping container with a pallet of Scratch boxes got too much heat somewhere on the way.

18. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

my oh my.

did y'all get some confirmation now and a real date for the exchange?

i'm really sorry to hear this...

unfortunately, i'm not involved in the whole sales theme, so i have no further information for you right now :(

19. dimitrik

dimitrik Forum Member

I was told mine should be here around May 24,25.

I was a FS 1.0 user so I tried that vinyl and it worked ! kind of ;) The vinyl only plays the track at half speed. I believe that quartz said this is because it is a 1 Khz signal not 2 Khz like TS BUT if you spin in relative you can adjust the pitch in TS to make up for the difference... on top of that play the 33rpm side of the FS 1.0 vinyl but set your TT's to 45rpm. I had to go into my preferences and change the pitch scale to -50%/+50%. It's not ideal but at least I can do something with my TS while I wait for the new records. Works great in relative but as soon as you go to the other mode where you can needle drop you can't set the pitch in TS and your back to being to slow. I don't have FS2 so I don't know if they work but I imagine they do I think they are generally the same as FS 1.0 vinyl.

Hopefully some other people can get some use out of their system as I am while waiting for the vinyl.

20. djdivide

djdivide NI Product Owner

Warped records too I'm afraid! I'll get on to NI to see what they say...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.