Extremely warped records

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by dimitrik, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calitoz

calitoz NI Product Owner

One of my record is much more warped than the other. I am attempting to fix the problem by leaving it under a bunch a other records for a while to see if it will solve the problem. Just have to wait...

2. th0rax

th0rax Forum Member

this is freakin` horrible...I can't see how this could be an isolated incident of heat exposure or whatever...when there are so many people complaining already...just got my package opened..and guess what, mine are warped too

not as bad as the posted pictures but still virtually unplayable, let alone scratchable...

and it's pretty cool that NI is willing to replace and what not, but hell I hurried into buying this because I want to use it this weekend and obviously I won't get to do so...

wow! great first 2-hr experience...
    not to complain or anything but I am def in a *****y mood and this is turning into a bad nightmare only comparable to my TFS 1 experience, which took about a month before I could get to work it properly...

NI, seriously....

3. djdivide

djdivide NI Product Owner

==UPDATE==

NI got right back to me and are shipping me some new ones!

Excellent customer service!

Well done guys.

4. dimitrik

dimitrik Forum Member

Patiently waiting.....

Well it's the 24th so I should be receiving my records today or tomorrow. I put in a support ticket requesting confirmation of shipment or some sort of tracking number. but it's been 3 business days and still no reply yet.... Hmmmmm....

I find the support to be good but somewhat lacking in other areas. If you call you will get better support I find. For some reason the toll-free number listed for US and Canada does not work in Canada. When I call I get a message saying that the service is not available for my calling area. I've spent close to $20 on long distance so far calling NI but they've helped every time on the phone so I'm not freaking out that I'm having to pay to have something fixed that I already paid for in full. I've only submitted 3 trouble tickets total. One I have never received an answer to but I called in after a week of waiting and got the answer over the phone instead. The second time they responded right away, and now the third I'm waiting still.

I just want to confirm that they have shipped and confirm that they sent it to the right address. This shouldn't be that difficult I would think. Considering I was the first caller to notify NI of the warped record problem.... I do not want to buy another $20 long distance card just because NI won't respond to the email.....

Does the toll-free number work for others in Canada ?
    I'm calling from southwestern ontario....

5. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

please give me your ticket number!

6. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

I'm just shooting in the dark here (as are you), but it all depends on what you call an "isolated incident". ;-)

Having a shipping container with 1,000 Scratch packages overheat (if that's what happened) you will hear 1,000 complains. But it's still "isolated".

7. dimitrik

dimitrik Forum Member

Support Ticket

Hello Native Girl,

My tracking number is TS 104521.

It would be nice to know that NI North America does have more vinyl now (they we're waiting for shipment) and is shipping the replacements. And I wanted to confirm my shipping address and get an estimate ETA.

Thanks........

8. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

i'll have a look!

9. th0rax

th0rax Forum Member

I spoke to them yesterday....said they have the vinyl in stock and should be able to ship ASAP

10. dimitrik

dimitrik Forum Member

Frustrated........

I called as well after not receiving a reply to my support ticket. Which I still have not received a reply to. Anyways when I called to confirm my address, and ship date, and eta I was told that he couldn't check the shipping address or if they've been shipped or if my request even went through :angry: I was told that it PROBABLY went through.. PROBABLY ? I waited and hour on hold with me paying long distance charges to hear that !

Anyways I was not getting off the phone without an answer. He put me on hold for a few minutes then came back and told me the order was processed yesterday so they should have shipped yesterday or maybe today. I find it funny that he had no access to that info supposedly but once I pushed the subject asking who I would call to get this info he had answers within a minute. I have a feeling I was being fed a line to get me off the phone since I was not getting off without some sort of confirmation.

I guess I'll find out because I should receive the records either today or early next week.

I bought this May 9th and here I am May 25th with no working system because of 2 $20 records. It's only because I owned FS 1.0 before that I can even use the system somewhat. So I'll wait it out even longer and see what happens although I find it pretty weak that I bought a $700 dollar piece of equipment that was damaged and it takes this long for the supplier to make things right. The other frustrating bit is that I've now spent $25 on long distance which means I've now already paid for one of the replacement records in long distance charges........

Yes I'm frustrated and somewhat venting I hope this doesn't sound like a rant I've had good experiences with NI support although that was always people in Berlin. It's the NI North America techs which seem to not really care and have no answers to any simple questions and then give you attitude when your not satisfied with a PROBABLY answer.......

I'll keep waiting and post again when they finally arrive.

I don't know if NI realizes this but I have 30 days to return this product and they've eaten up 16 of those days already so if I get the records and find another problem I'm screwed because I spent my 30 days waiting for records instead of testing it out.:(

11. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

I have forwarded this post to the appropriate parties to find out what is going on.

12. th0rax

th0rax Forum Member

@ dimitrik

yeah man this def sux...hope you get sorted out at the end

13. dimitrik

dimitrik Forum Member

Still no records and still no reply from NI......

@ Native Girl did you find out anything related to my ticket.
    I still have not received a reply from NI to that ticket which was submitted May 22nd and it's now May 29th......

14. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

The word today is that most U.S. replacement vinyl has shipped late last week and should be arriving by the middle of this week. Please let me know when yours arrive.

Phil

15. DJDigger

DJDigger New Member

Same problem here ...

Been a fan of NI for a while given the software with FS1.5 and beyond. Needless to say anxiously awaiting the arrival of TS when I heard about it so gor the X-grade. But been struggling to get an answer on one problem (A8/cable issue) from and then saw this thread and finally looked at my vinyl ... and yep ... that's a problem too. Had this for over a week and can't do anything with it .... can someone please help me get my groove going again?

Hate to be on the hook after 30 days with no way to test this puppy out before the times up.

Still supporting NI ... but patience is tough.

Help!

16. djquartz

@ DJ Digger,

I was searching for your previous posts and all I could find is this post and one another regarding the X-Session setup.

If you purchased your TS package from a dealer, I would highly recommend exchanging your warped vinyl there.

If you purchased it from the online store, you will need to file a support request or call sales directly and make sure to get a ticket #.

As for the A8 issue, I will start a new post to keep everything on topic.

17. DJDigger

DJDigger New Member

Thanks Quartz:

Purchased it directly from NI and filed a ticket number ... on both issues ... just waiting for a response from NI CS. Given that I probably can't do anything given both HW and Vinyl issues ... I hope that its soon. Luckily the X-grade allowed me to keep going with my old FS until I get the kinks ironed out.

For me the value in TS is the Audio 8 with TS *and* T3 so that is why I focused on the A8 first given I already have T3.

Thanks for your help.

18. dimitrik

dimitrik Forum Member

Records have been received...... :D

Thanks NI and those who helped.....

19. djquartz

Good to hear you got the vinyl finally.

20. triune

triune NI Product Owner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.