F1 Browsing samples in step sequencer mode

Discussion in 'KONTROL F1' started by TecnoMicon, Jan 15, 2020.

1. TecnoMicon

TecnoMicon New Member

Remix decks can have 4 pages of 16 samples, but ofcourse you can see only 1 page at a time. In sample mode you can browse through these pages with the encoder, but this does not work in step sequencer mode. Is there another way to scroll through the sample pages (without changing the sample) using the F1?

2. Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh NI Product Owner

Are you talking about the step sequencer user map made by NI for the F1 when you are referring to 'step sequencer mode'?

3. TecnoMicon

TecnoMicon New Member

Yes. And in fact there are 2 issues that bother me:
    - while browsing through a sample list the sample played changes immediately in every sample you scroll past. Very messy!
    - when the browsing goes past the 4 samples visible in the Traktor screen the window does not move with it. You do not see where you are.

4. Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh NI Product Owner

I made a custom mod of the NI mapping a while ago.
    Link: DJTT-Mapping
    I might change the 'capture[hold]+KnobTurn (sample selection)' to sample page selection for you if this doesn't do the trick. It's only for Deck C, but it's a good template for the other decks if you have some time at hand to go through all the commands.
    I recommend using cmdr for this.
    Link: cmdr

Edit: you can switch from a User Mapping (like the step sequencer) and the default F1 mapping with Shift+Browse if you select this funcion in Preferences--->F1 if you want to use all the standard F1 functions on the fly.