Feature Request: Denon SC5000 HID Support

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by hellnegative, Oct 25, 2018.

1. hellnegative

hellnegative NI Product Owner

Currently it only works on OSX. Still awaiting either an official driver from Denon or a third party driver from someone else for Windows.

2. Sussudio

Sussudio NI Product Owner

That's what I thought too, but the guy that did the mapping on my request also tested on his Windows laptop and he says it's working there also.

On the Denon DJ Forum, one Denon Staff member responded: "FYI - We announced controller mode support in SC5000 version 1.0.2 in September of 2017. "

I'm confused: Why on earth would they enable MIDI back in September 2017 and just not tell anybody about it ?????

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  3. hellnegative

hellnegative NI Product Owner

I will check when I get home, but last I checked, Traktor did not list the SC5000 as an input device.

4. Sussudio

I don't own the SC5000 yet (because of no Traktor connection), but Michael, who did the mapping, show me this : windows detects sc5000.jpg

In Traktor he can select the SC5000 als generic MIDI device.

5. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

+1 for you guys

I have the 5000M and love the **** out of it. As soon as i can export traktor playlists properly I’ll be set.

The S2mk2 will still be my workhorse though but Denon really did a good job with it. Dvs without a laptop, nice :)

6. DJ Priminista

DJ Priminista NI Product Owner

NI, Please bring HID support to Denon SC5K/5KM thanks and also Allow tracks that were analyzed in Explorer via Traktor to Keep the analyzed info or write the Tags to the Actual file.
    Colored Cue points to match the buttons, Also for the tracks to match the key color....Thanks

7. Eswe

Eswe New Member

Hey everybody,

I thought you might like to know that I am using the SC5000 players un MIDI mode without any bugs. It is not showing any information on the screen, but it would be possible for NI to add this function. It's a low priority, I'm sure, because the players on their own offer most of the same festures. I have often just used them as hardware.

I got the mapping from a gent that worked for American DJ. He was happy to share his Tsi mapping which I expanded on. He had initially set up one player for all 4 decks. I made a variation for two players (A/C and B/D). Aside from some errors I made in mapping, everything has worked smoothly.

You'll have to change source on the Denon players to Computer in order to use MIDI mode. To use the SC5000 with Traktor, import a script or add a generic MIDI controller. To the right of that, choose the SC5000 and SC5000 #2 as MIDI In and MIDI Out. There are a lot of LEDs and LED colours, so I would strongly recommend starting from an existing script. I'm certain we'll see more of the scripts show up on Traktor Bible in the future.

I have had jog wheel issues but I found a possible source for the problem. Back when i used my Numark controller, I would occassionally get the same issue unless I disconnected and reconnected the controller. I worked out that I had cases or cables resting on the platters when I turned on the computer. The same seems to happen with my Denons. Keep the platters clear when you connect it to a computer.

My tsi is a continuous work-in-progress for myself, but I'm happy to share it for free with anyone who wants a starting point.

8. Noiseproject

Noiseproject New Member

Hi Eswe,
    I see, You have my mapping for SC5000, but didn't got to use it in 100%.
    It is suitable for up to 4 decks, not only for one deck.

What changes did You made in it?
    Maybe we can both work on it and improve it even further.
    I am currently working on solving how HID communication works.
    We can talk about it if You are interested.
    Cheers!

9. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

10. Noiseproject

Noiseproject New Member

• Like Like x 2
  11. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

Well hopefully it happens.

12. Sussudio

The Serato mapping already looks amazing and it seems the HID jogwheel response is much better than the midimapped jogs. Yes, moving waveform and any other info would be perfect: that would make it so much easier to put your laptop all the way to the side and have better interaction with the audiance :)

13. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

Denon did good job with their updates and upgrades.

This I can tell you 100% for sure; Denon worked really hard to partner up with traktor once upon a time. We could of had this already for Traktor you know. How long more now?

The world is changing my friends.

14. Sussudio

I'm so sure about that. It's NI that is letting us down :-(
    All their effort seems to be towards Pioneer. Too bad they let the competition stay ahead.

15. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

its hard to imagine new dj's picking ni hardware over the competition these days, everyone in here knows how great the s4 mk3 is but why would you choose it as a new young dj and be locked to traktor.

Denon dj has partnerd with serato dj pro and the denon the sc5000m and it looks to be a solid combo.

on top of that you can buy 2 x denon sc5000m and recieve a free x1800 mixer until xmas and use it stand alone or with serato.

where does traktor go from here? i really dont know. i can only see the user base stagnating and eventually reducing.

ffs NI partner with serato and pioneer hardware or at least tell us why you cant

Capture.JPG

16. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

Denon will also be adding more hardware to the prime series too and we should see a lot of Traktor badging from now on. 2 more months left for me to be enticed.

Believe me, there is notting more I wanna see than for Traktor be all things to all men. Amen

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ryan Leatherwood

Ryan Leatherwood New Member

looks like the pio xdj-mk2s will be receiving HID support soon. Hopefully the Denon integration will be soon.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Puranon

Puranon NI Product Owner

What about Phase? They are developing a new HID over USB mode for Serato.