Feature Suggestion - Coloured Cue Points

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Uncle Funky, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Uncle Funky

Uncle Funky New Member

Being able to choose the colour of the cue points in the on screen display would be a useful thing, as it could be used to provide information on the cue point. For example blue for a cue set on the first beat of the bar and red for a beat set on the fourth.

I know I have cue points set at a variety of points in a bar or that serve different purposes and an ability to indicate what those points do would be awesome. Unfortunately, remembering all of the cues in hundreds or thousands of songs isn't feasible.

Just an idea that I think has some value.

Edit: oops, first post and I put it in the wrong spot. Sorry. Mods?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

yeah, i'll move it to the right board.

to the subject: the cue points already have coloring, but dependant on their function: white for beatgrid marker, green for loops, etc. i dont think i would want more colors :D

3. Uncle Funky

Uncle Funky New Member

I know about that but it's not quite the same thing.

4. ekwipt

ekwipt NI Product Owner

Yeah i think you'll see this happening, NI are using LED and colours in all the products now (Maschine, F1, etc)

5. Jangla

Jangla New Member

8 years on and this still isn't a feature.

Just adding my +1 as this would be super helpful in visually parsing the track. You can use Fade In, Fade Out points right now for orange cue points but they have an associated function with Cruise Control that makes them a little annoying to use outside of Cruise Control (mainly that the red "end of track" flash happens continually after you pass the first fade out point, regardless of where you are in the track.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sussudio

Sussudio NI Product Owner

With all the new hardware having RGB colors on the cue pads, I think colorcoding of cue points in Traktor is a must.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jangla

Jangla New Member

Also would be nice if the labels you applied appeared in the waveform at the cue point as it does in pretty much every other major DJ software.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Almaz

Almaz New Member

Yes, I switched to the traktor a week ago, after the serato and the rekordbox, I miss the 16 colored pads and the ability to sign points