Feels like Maschine is going the "abandoware" route....

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by RobLo, Dec 25, 2019.

1. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

Is it just me??

Hey while I'm whining.....any chance for internal MIDI routing? :D

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays to all

2. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

It's just you :)

Can you be a bit more specific btw? There are multiple ways to route data and thus also different things to achieve from it.

3. kb420

kb420 NI Product Owner

"Abandoware"? Really? There was just a bug fix 16 days ago. Why do think it's being abandoned? I must be missing something. What am I missing?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

while i don't agree with the "abandonware" topic, "internal midi routing" is certainly specific enough.. ;)

its been a request around here for almost a decade...lol

5. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

Minor fixes yes....but I believe Maschine will be dropped and no 3.0 just a new product.

*If* so, it's anyones guess how long support will last for Maschine.

6. ShelLuser

It's not specific enough. See, this could be established in multiple ways so what really matters is knowing what one hopes to achieve with this.

For example... if I want to trigger multiple pads using the same MIDI input one could argue that this requires MIDI routing. Fact remains though that this feature is already supported, yet not through MIDI routing but by combining pads together as a group. It's not officially MIDI routing but it does achieve the same result (within this context).

Ergo: "Midi routing" is much too broad.

7. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

VST3 support has been added. I'd hardly call this abandonware. I'm expecting a 3.0 in 2020, or at the very least a preview of what's to come in beta.

8. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

from plugin to plugin, you cannot route internal midi.

If I want to use an arp plugin and send the midi data to another sound VST..... I cannot do that. Unless there has been an advance I am unaware of.

9. jbuonacc

jbuonacc NI Product Owner

nobody cares what you "believe". so tired of all this "... has been abandoned" by people that have no damn clue.

• Like Like x 4
  10. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

You cared enough to whine about it

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. ShelLuser

It's you who opened up the gate for people to express their opinion about it. Just because someone doesn't share yours and is negative about it doesn't automatically imply whining.

If you ask for opinions you should expect (and respect) both sides of the fence: those who agree and those who disagree. If you can't handle that then... maybe not start the whole thing in the first place?

• Like Like x 1
  12. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

He absolutely has a right to his opinion....just like I have the right to tell him his opinion sucks. Inalienable rights are an amazing thing aren't they?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. ShelLuser

Now who's whining? ;)

See, I never claimed otherwise so this response kind of.. well... I dunno o_O

And then we get into the infamous never ending loop so yah, not in the mood for that ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

Well, maybe YOu should have left it alone....like you did when I answered your inquiry about internal midi...it was easy enough then, no?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. ShelLuser

And now I came to form the opinion that some of you guys have no idea what you're talking about. And credit goes out to MaschineGun for pointing me in the right direction (here).

So let's talk MIDI routing again..

upload_2019-12-27_0-41-41.png

So what would you call this? Here you clearly see an ability to route "signals". Either to the host (the underlying DAW) or... yups, towards another pad (or "sound"). Isn't that... I dunno... like routing MIDI data internally from one pad ("sound") onto the other?

Anyway, this is the part where I raise my hands and slowly walk backwards out of the door while shaking my head :cool:

16. kb420

kb420 NI Product Owner

Abandoned products don't get minor fixes. If you don't believe me, go and ask any former Project 5 user.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. kb420

kb420 NI Product Owner

When was VST3 added?

18. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

Update before last I think

19. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

in your opinion... and probably only in your opinion..

look at the feature request threads, do some research, go back to threads from 2, 5, 8 years ago and internal midi routing has come up again and again.. and yet.. you are probably the only one to go down the path of assumption that you chose.. for everyone else it was noted and accepted to be from plug to plug...like was obviously pointed out by RobLo.. but go ahead, load up a midi plugin and enjoy...

so yup..its your opinion..for everyone else it was specific enough

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

You could achieve that via midi with maschine in midi mode