1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

FinalScratch 2 on Intel Mac under Windows

Discussion in 'Final Scratch Archives' started by swavek, Jul 19, 2006.

1. swavek

swavek NI Product Owner

help! I'm getting confusing messages left right and centre, and since I'm no Windows _wizzard_ I dunno if I'm doing something wrong, or just wasting my time trying to get it to work.

Stanton tech support people claim FS2 works on an Intel Mac under Windows. NI support tells me that a number of users are successfully running FinalScratch with TDJS2 and/or TDJS3 on Intel Macs under Windows.

Yet I've been trying to get it to work for nearly a week now, with no success whatsoever. ScratchAmp does show up in Windows all right, but not in FS 2.03 (forever "waiting..."), not in TDJS 2.6.2 ("ScratchAmp not connected"), not in TDJS 3.1.1 (ditto).

Has ANYONE at all got FinalScratch 2 to work on an Intel Mac, in either configuration, and if so - how?

2. selector97

selector97 NI Product Owner

Hi!

Got it (TDS3.1 & FS2) working under Windows XP SP2 on a MacBook (2 GHZ/2GB RAM). Working means : The only problem is a crackeling in the sound. Sounds digital! Don´t know if it is a scratch amp problem or a Traktor problem. But there is no problem when i use the scratch amp as a soundcard to digitalize vinyl under windows with wave lab or so..... but Traktor recognizes the amp!! no problems and th cpu is less tha 8 % all the time!!

Did not try TFS2 surface on the MacBook up to now. A friend of mine has the same setup (TDS3 & FS2) and it work´s without problems. Using MacDrive to get the music files from the Mac-partition...

Has anyone an idea according to the crackeling sound??

>rayk

3. swavek

swavek NI Product Owner

Interesting... thanx. I assume you didn't do anything special, install any special drivers, just plugged the ScratchAmp and it worked, right? Mine works fine in Windows (or at least - XP recognises it), but to Traktor software it seems to not exist.

This can only mean that either there is something wrong with my machine (then again, everything else including ProTools works just fine), or perhaps there is some elusive difference between MacBook and MacBook Pro... ? The worst is - since nobody "supports" MacBooks, there's nowhere to turn for advice.

Oh, and that friend of yours - I take it he's also running FS under Windows, right?

4. selector97

don´t know if there is something wrong with your book. the processors of MacBook and Macbook Pro seem to be the same. i still think it´s a traktor problem! it´s just not programmed for the dual core machine. i have changed something on my book now that i can´t recall, and this change even stops traktor at the startup at the moment! yes, my friend is running FS2 (TDS3) under windows on this machine. it runs pretty good but he doesn´t trust this and performs with Live under OS-X at the moment ;-) we have just tested it (FS) for 2-3 hours and there were no problems. but a night lasts longer, u know.....

got another problem, too: when i use Xone 3D from A&H as the Midi device i get the well known blue screen from windows after launching traktor 3.1 and the system restarts... **** man. seems to be the next driver problem.

thougt were´re dealing with professionals. they have known for months (or even a year) that MacTel will hit the market and no company was able to present a proper product for this system... i feel like depending on amateurs ....

cheers..

5. selector97

Hey Guys! Got It!!!

As I said before, i never had the problem with TDJS3 and connecting the scratch amp. always had a good connection, but crackling sound!

I turned off the Ethernet and W-Lan devices in the hardware management and now it works! still good connection at low levels and no noises when i play FS2 and TDJS3 with vinyl. tested it 1h. no crash. I´ve read at the stanton site, that often W-lan devices cause ms of breakdowns in the firewire connection (this was obviously the reason for the crackling) ...

so here is my setup:

FS2 / TDJS3 / X-Session USB- Controller / MacBook 2 GHZ DuoCore 2 GB RAM / Windwos xp SP2 + MS Firewire Update / BootCamp Beta / MacDrive / turned off: Ethernet, Bluetooth and W-Lan Hardware.

hope someone helps this.

If anybody has a hint according to Xone 3D related Crashs of traktor, please tell me.

greetz
    Rayk

6. swavek

swavek NI Product Owner

Man! Thanks, thanks, thanks!!! That must have been it - FireWire update! Read your e-mail, looked it up on the net, added USB 1.1/2 update for the good measure, installed, restarted - and still can't believe my eyes! ScratchAmp happily smiling at me in GREEN in FS2, TDJS2 & TDJS3!

Haven't tested it yet, if there are indeed any sound problems I'll follow the rest of your path, but at least - I finally got it up and running.

7. tobby digg

tobby digg NI Product Owner

Hi there,

I got a MacBook with Boot Camp and Final Scratch 2.
    I got also the crackling Problem. I turned the wireless lan and Bluetuth of and got still the cracklings ;-/
    Between that I got a totaly drop out for about 3-5 seconds (firewire symbol turn red) at my last show.

What do you mean with Fire Wire update? Do you mean a Windows Update? If not how do you make it ??

By the way I write to the Final Scratch 2 support to ask when the Intel Mac Os update comes out.
    They said in about 3-6 months ;-(

8. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

yes, search around for the firewire patch here in the forum... or install service pack 2, it's in it AFAIK.

9. selector97

Update für Windows XP (KB885222)

You have to search the update above on the microsoft site. good luck...