finding files in Kontakt

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Bejon, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Bejon

Bejon NI Product Owner

Hello,
    I just opened an old Logic song, in which I have used a lot of Kontakt instruments. No library samples, but my own samples that I recorded from musicians, then cut further in Logic, organized in tone heights and then created Kontakt instruments with.
    Is there a way to find where those instruments are in the files on my Mac? So: can I see somewhere in the Kontakt interface where an actual instrument and its samples are situated on my disc? The Kontakt files-interface does not give me a clue as where to look for them.
    It just gives the last place where I looked and stays there, The files selector is not updated when I select another instrument in a given multi. The only thing that changes is the name of the instrument in the instrument navigator.
    Can I type in the name of the instrument somewhere in the Kontakt interface to find it?

Thanks,
    Gerard

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

You have Search Spotlight option when you get Content Missing dialog, maybe try that.

3. Bejon

Bejon NI Product Owner

Thank you.
    That works only when Kontakt misses content. I just want to instantly see the location of a given selected instrument on my mac using the Kontakt files interface.

Gerard

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Open the Mapping Editor, select a zone, and hover over the sample filename, you should get the path to the sample. Should help.

5. seedoflife

seedoflife New Member

Try using Finder for the file formats and either by name or date created or last used, click on the files individually.

At the bottom of the screen, the locations of the files should appear or by right clicking on the files to obtain more information.

Best wishes to you!

Roney Smith
    LocksmithMusicTheory.com