1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

First fully STANDALONE MASCHINE

Discussion in 'Feature Request Archive' started by Emdeka, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Emdeka

Emdeka Member

Hi everyone,

I'm new on this forum, I had maschine MK1 from two years. I always like standalone gear like MPC 2000XL, Roland MV-8800 ect. I'm electronic too so when I bought Maschine I started to thinking how to bulid standlone device. Today my child is born. My maschine has built in mainboard, core 2 duo processor, 4GB DDR, HDD, and all stuff like in laptop. It has battery inside so i don't have any cables, I take only my maschine with me and I can make my beats - It's crazy. It has also build in ASIO In/Out card with headphone amp - everything you need in one device - for those like me, who likes old standalone gear like MPC it's just awsome. Currently I'm working on phono stage which will build inside I attached photo of my Standalone Maschine. Enjoy IMG_20140219_183856.jpg IMG_20140219_183907.jpg IMG_20140219_183915.jpg IMG_20140219_184010.jpg IMG_20140219_184017.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. BombBeats71

BombBeats71 Forum Member

Oh man that looks sick ! You sure put a lot of effort in that Maschine and i am sure that you made something that a LOT of people would like to have aswell, kudo's for that !

How do you deal with adding sounds ? Wifi or a hidden Usb port ?
    Also, how do you deal with the features that do require a computer screen/mouse control ?

Once more, you outdid yourself and it makes me want to make something like this for myself.

3. Emdeka

Emdeka Member

It has USB port and VGA on the left side (there is not visible on those pictures). It is possible to add wi-fi

4. champamoore

champamoore NI Product Owner

Cool project.

5. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Hello,

really nice and the build in usb sound card - what a great idea - love this.

6. wordice

wordice New Member

AWESOME. It seems counter-intuitive that companies shifted from highly portable to a format locking users to a computer. The company BKE have a very good concept with their Beat Thang which is truly a Hybrid in that it can be used as a standalone hardware Device with everything built in along with a recargeable lithium ion battery or it can be used as a controller for its software counterpart on a PC or Mac. BKE Beat Thang however has very buggy software and some implementation issues. Man if you start modding these for other let me know as I want mine modded badly.

7. phemox

phemox Forum Member

I agree. I'd like to see a stand-alone new version of machines like the MV8800 myself. I liked how it's just all in one box. Now with Maschine we need at least a laptop and still require power. Can't really use a field power supply either, because it's far too noisy.

8. blezz

blezz Forum Member

Thats genius man, does it boot straight to the software?

9. selfinflict

selfinflict New Member

so, how do you name stuff?? what if you save a beat, can you name it with the controller?? or do u have to hook in that keyboard and monitor???

10. Lifer

Lifer NI Product Owner

Genius! I had been thinking of doing something similar by stripping down a mac mini/laptop..especially with the new screen navigations on the Studio. I don't think it will be long till Akai do something like this tbh..

11. Emdeka

Emdeka Member

According to blezz, yes, it start straight to the software. First start to Windows screen, but after few second Maschine is lounched. I don't really named my stuff, it just "Maschine Emdeka mod". It was problem how to open new project without mouse or keyboard, thera are two solutions:
    1 - I have wireless kayboard with touchpad, I can also plug VGA monitor straight into my maschine - it has VGA out and USB on the back panel.
    2 - Before I start to make beats I created 10 or more new empty project and I named them (names for ex. from 01 to 10). Then I can open those project an work on them without mouse and monitor - just maschine and headpones:)

12. Emdeka

Emdeka Member

Here is a few more pictures of my MASCHINE

standalonehr16.jpg standalone3.jpg standalone.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Komplete Tuts

Komplete Tuts New Member

Very cool!

14. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

no problem - just add to autostart if you want

This is sooo cool maybe i built my own thanks for that great idea :thumbsup::)

15. alexbuga

alexbuga NI Product Owner

WOW! Freaking wow.
    I wanted to do the same with a USB hub + Soundcard, but I think I'm going for a cheap mac mini.

16. KillerDoxen

KillerDoxen Member

That is slick!

17. philkglr

philkglr New Member

18. Huboi

Huboi NI Product Owner

That's incredible. You should offer that as a paid service. Native Instruments should employ you to do it! That's fantastic.

19. troublegum

troublegum New Member

awesome.

there must be some consensus between laptop manufacturers and companies such as NI, akai, ableton, etc so they don't develop portable hardware with embarked OS. I guess that would be very bad for the laptop business.

and this doesn't only concern maschine or maschine-alikes. but also products such as the S series, or some more complete live-oriented stations. even with standard smartphone specs we could have powerful portable samplers, DJ mixers/turntables, etc.

no more laptop...

20. alexbuga

alexbuga NI Product Owner

This remind me of the MPC Renaissance 2 that we saw in the Microsoft Keynote. It has Windows Embedded something and it runs standalone. Now that I'd buy:D

Also, your Maschine looks freaking dope.... again :)
    How do you do input? BT keyboard?
    I'm researching a Hackintosh made from a Intel NUC, which will fit inside my Maschine stand.