1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Flushing Background-Tasks

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by djwilldb_brazil, May 28, 2012.

1. djwilldb_brazil

djwilldb_brazil Forum Member

Hello Traktor maniacs,
    Everytime that I close my Traktor 2.5, I have a crash or the message Flushing Background-Tasks appear on the screen and Traktor is not closing.
    To do this, I need to force quit.
    Anyone have this problem?

OSX 10.7.4 at MBPro Corei7 2.7 4GB 1333 DDR3.

Peace!

2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

i have read a few reports about traktor 2.5 not closing correctly. please report to the support!

3. mix-or

mix-or New Member

Yes i have the same issue, i'm on Windows 7 64bit

4. davscanlon

davscanlon NI Product Owner

Yet another bug in 2.5?

5. electronicmaddness

electronicmaddness NI Product Owner

this might be related to some app that runs in the background on both your computers...youll are running totally different operating systems...having the same "background task" related bug is quite unlikely unless there is something common...if it was only traktor acting alone everyone would have this problem

6. DJ Freshfluke

a few ppl see this. most not.
    the reason for the behavior is not clear so far.

7. forrestgumpx

forrestgumpx Forum Member

I had this once with a bad wav file, it was a short sample. I deleted/excluded it from my traktor library and everhthing was okay.

8. davscanlon

davscanlon NI Product Owner

Do we know if NI are close to a comprehensive list of known issues yet?

9. TroyMichael

TroyMichael Forum Member

I saw the something with 2.5 on my MBP. only happened once and i was playing files that i played on previous ver of TP

10. Mattstanton

Mattstanton New Member

I can assure you that this is a red herring. This is not helpful

11. electronicmaddness

electronicmaddness NI Product Owner

Well… how helpful it is or isn't can only be known after trial & error… it was helpful for me in the past so i thought i should mention it…. apps do create conflicts with each other… i can't remember the name of the culprit in my case (because i have long since deleted it) but i do remember it was of far less importance so i don't miss it at all

12. Redseven

Redseven New Member

Hi all,

do either of you use a virus checker. Just a thought. I have the same issue and use a virus checker running in the background, I will disable next time and see if it makes a difference.

13. dxk

dxk Forum Member

Same problem - happened twice since release of 2.5.1

14. djwilldb_brazil

djwilldb_brazil Forum Member

After I have had update to 2.5.1, I don't have more this trouble.
    I am using the same computer mbp corei7

15. audiodevice

audiodevice NI Product Owner

IT happens to me from time to time, but I notice only after I had the MAC on standby with Traktor open

16. jsunlovehouse

jsunlovehouse New Member

I found a fix on a pc. New i5 samsung 2.6gz.. It used to always go into flushing background.. Now if you pause and delete the sampler and goto bottom and right click the notification bar and "remove analysis jobs" and make sure you pause and delete the sampler area.. Then my traktor always now closes perfect.. On my new mac osx mountain lion mac book pro, it has never closed proper.. Any help with mac?

17. gloriousmono

gloriousmono Forum Member

I have had this exact issue on multiple versions and different computers. Currently having this issue with 2.1.3.

18. mariyan

mariyan New Member

The same happens to me on 2.6.1 (MAC) when I haven't stopped the recording and quit traktor. This bug is making me mad coz it always spoils the last record file and doesn't make a history as well.

Please NI fix this ASAP !

I think I'm going back to 2.1.3 for now as it's the most stable and reliable version for me up to now.

19. DJ Freshfluke

havent heard this in a while - have you been in contact with NI?

20. riddmkidd

riddmkidd NI Product Owner

continuing this thread, i'm still having this issue on a semi-regular basis. more frequently the longer traktor is open, like when i am analyzing and beat-gridding new tracks. any updates on this? my cue points and analysis is saved but i have to reload a track in to a deck to have traktor update and display the information.