1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

FM Synth development

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by Studiowaves, Jan 10, 2021.

1. ANDREW221231

ANDREW221231 NI Product Owner

workin
    working on that actually. i completed like 85% of a chord detector from midi a couple years ago. its actually pretty tricky, a widely varied input needs to be funneled down into one very precise representation. so if i can just track down some those bugs i't'll be done and dunn..

2. Studiowaves

Studiowaves NI Product Owner

Ahh, collecting and averaging all of the notes should at least give you and idea of the scale and the key. I think musicians should give us midi files they made in the studio. That would be fun to remake a song and give it back with different sounds. LOL That would fly like a lead balloon.

3. ANDREW221231

ANDREW221231 NI Product Owner

i know pretty much what's wrong with, but just how to fix it is somewhat of a crossroads.. anyway, this pretty much takes the midi from anything whether they want to give it up or not, haha... but i haven't really found that very useful, except as test signals. i've already done that with karaoke versions of songs so i guess im kinda over that. but as far as test signals go, i do like your fm for this, its can be hard to find something that's accurate and also doesn't wear out your ear. using different things can give different impressions of how well it's working depending on the song

4. Frankmcg

Frankmcg New Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Studiowaves

Thanks Frankmcg, appreciate it. If you go to page 1 the links are at the top. Also page 3 of this thread is the users guide and has the files too. I would get and use the latest version and get the earlier version with the users guide. The guide is really just page 3 of this thread. I'm still working on it and have a few things to add before I put it in the Users Library. Make some sounds if you like, it's a bit of a learning curve but not to bad once you get the hang of it. Feel free to ask any questions. I wish I had fewer things to do so I could make more patches. Talk later.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Studiowaves

I check out your Mod X7 keyboard a bit. Looks pretty cool. I have an old Yamaha midi controller and a Fatar weighted action 88 note. My Yamaha plays way down in the key velocites and is pretty hard to get it up to full midi velocity. The Fatar reacts much like a real piano, It's soft notes are maybe 25% of the midi velocity but will reach full velocity. I was curious if the MODX7 puts out low velocities, if so it never fully sets off the sounds. Was thinking of putting a midi velocity knob on fm12 to fix this. Seems a separate ensemble would be better for my old yamaha. Yours my not act like that.

7. Studiowaves

8. Studiowaves

its getting there. rev 12-28-21 is starting to turn out. Need to reprogram most of the patches, I changed the envelope generators. It's now A D (D or sustain) and release. Initial attack is more better now. lol

9. Studiowaves

Hi Frank... I'm pretty much finished with the design of FM12 and have perfecting some patches. Tonight I worked about 2 hours on some old patches and uploaded it. Afterwards I spent a few hours perfecting two electric piano patches, this thing is beautiful. I'm quite sure you are familiar with fm and I was hoping you could program some patches for yourself and let me know if you like it better that your existing keyboard. All I know right now is I couldn't stop playing for hours after getting the patch down and kept fine tuning it. It truly is a work of art that is nearly 41 years old. I have 8 yamaha tx7 modules in the mainframe and I can't even get close to the sounds from this. Mainly because it's more sophisticated; notably with the improved envelope generators and the subtle detuning that also has it's own envelope generators. There is also a vel/sustain module that reduces sustain on weaker velocities, it also can increase the sustain of strong velocities. They never put features like this in the original dx7's and it really adds to expression that is influenced by key velocities. After a year of revisions and finally relaxing and playing my keyboards it turned out really nice. Almost mesmerizing where you loose track of everything and really get into it. Let me know if you come back in and get it. I can send some of my personal sound banks that I've put a lot of thought into. I think it's a dream come true. Here is the link for it but also visit page 3 as I'm adding some of the new functions and explaining how to use them, although it will be a few more days. Well nice to have a friend who shares something in common and I hope to hear from you. Talk later, download this and make some good patches, I think you'll find it well worth it. https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/attachments/fm12-rev-12-29-21-zip.117863/

10. Studiowaves

I think it's done, added one last feature and put a couple of main patches. I like it for composing. https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/attachments/fm12-rev-12-31-21-zip.117937/

11. Studiowaves

12. Studiowaves

Hi Koan,happy new year, I don't like to bug people but check out this last rev. I stumbled on something and it's not too bad. The 3 main patches are the only ones I programed after changing things around. Talk later, have a good year. https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/attachments/fm12-rev-1-4-22-zip.118091/

13. Studiowaves

MADE A FEW MAIN PATCHES, THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE SOME. Apart from getting the hang of programming it does what it's suppose to. Really nice with my samplers but these are patches for this . https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/attachments/fm12-new-rev-1-11-22-zip.118307/

14. Studiowaves

15. Studiowaves

Fixed up the electric piano on this one. Did it to show what can be done. It's not bad , bright , has tremelo on the top and bottom as it should be. It helps to have something to compare with for sure. Enjoy my friend.https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/attachments/fm12-rev-1-12-22-new-electric-piano-zip.118321/

16. Studiowaves

Couldn't sleep, did another patch update on the main patches on top in big letters. lol https://www.native-instruments.com/...3/?temp_hash=d8dcad2c1745e1b4ebcd5757b4d02a00

17. Jeremy @ NI

Jeremy @ NI Support Team NI Team

Hey, sorry to interrupt but our community has moved! This forum is now a read-only archive. Please visit our new community: https://community.native-instruments.com/ Just search for a topic and continue the conversation over there, or create a new post if it doesn’t yet exist in the new forum.Thanks and see you over there.