1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

FM7 and Pro53 activation

Discussion in 'Discontinued Products' started by LX World, Aug 3, 2020.

1. LX World

LX World NI Product Owner

You presume to know about me, when clearly you don't! It's not important here (but seemingly it is to you), but let's just say the company I work for are key business partners with all the biggest tech companies n the world. Native Instruments is not one of them. Native Instruments is part of a relatively niche industry that accounts for less than 10% of the computing market.The only thing that appears to big about you EvilDragon is your ego.

The company has happily left thousands of legitimate users high and dry over this decision without offering any solution (I've had to practically drag it out of you). I guess I have now learnt that the difference between having a hardware Prophet V and your version is that I don't have to worry about how long I am able to use what I pay for and if it breaks I can always get it fixed! In 10 years time we'll probably have the same problem when you decide to close down Native Access.

However, enlighten me EvilDragon. You haven't so far, but there is still time. Just remember that every person you annoy tells 10 other people. You seem to be going out of your way to be a poor ambassador for the company you represent.

And the big word is conjectures not "conjenctures"

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

I don't presume at all that I know about you, but I know when somebody spouts bollocks.

1. You don't have information on how many users are affected by this (and you are quite far in guessing that it's thousands).
    2. You don't have any clue on how NI's back-end services (which are entirely NI's homebrew creation and not a 3rd party framework) work and what was the main reason in the decision of shutting down Service Center. There were very legitimate reasons to shut it down, and it was not about "saving pennies".

If you're going to start with ad hominems like you did, we can play a different game here. Do you really want that?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Mario, is there a 64-bit version of Pro-53? IMO not!
    So, if users works on win10 64-bit they can normally don't drive Pro-53 x86 - right?

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

There was never a 64-bit version of Pro-53, but it does work on 64-bit Windows because Windows has an emulation layer for 32-bit programs. Works just fine. Also certain DAWs have built-in bit bridges for stuff like this.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. LX World

You just need a bit bridge such as jbridge to run it in a 64bit DAW Paule

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  6. LX World

On what do you base your research Mario? Most people (with any sense) delete market research surveys

7. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

I rarely use a daw.
    If so, my Cubase LE 7 has 2 versions - 32 and 64 bit.

8. LX World

If that's all you need it for, great

9. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

I record audio clips and arrange them in MagixMusicMaker.

10. FRAZ

FRAZ NI Product Owner

Hi,

I've got FM7 from when it was first released - The serial number activates it automatically - Service Centre can still be installed if you have it backed up or on another installer - Here the FM7 should show as activated straight off without any other activation needed.

Why does your version of FM7 need activating and doesn't? - OK, I've not downloaded from the NI website - which may be why?

I've just checked the FM7 download on my account and it is only for Mac OS X no PC download there but I've got version 113- for FM7.

On Komplete 4 - The Pro 53 activated authomatically without any activation

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1