FM8 fails validation Logic X

Discussion in 'FM8' started by feilertsen, Jun 8, 2019.

1. feilertsen

feilertsen NI Product Owner

Hi all!

After a fresh install of macOS X Mojave 10.14.5 and Logic Pro X 10.4.4 I am not able to get FM8 or FM8 MFX to validate in Logic.
    Crashes every time.

Anyone else having issues?

Best regards,
    - Fred

2. Tony Jones

Tony Jones NI Product Owner

I noticed this today. I had assumed it was my setup. Not looked into it yet

3. pranaearth

pranaearth NI Product Owner

Just checked my setup, which is the same as yours, with fresh installs as well, and all is good here.
    Try highlighting fm8 in the plug in manager and rescan just the individual plug, often times that will fix it for me.
    Or: what version of FM8 are you running. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that older versions of FM8 have problems with Logic

4. Tony Jones

Brand new version of FM8 as I only just bought K12!

5. Tony Jones

Just to confirm, I have a fully up to date iMac, MacOS and K12. I just rescanned FM8 (v 1.4.1) and it failed again. The FX version of FM8 is fine

6. DrEntropy

DrEntropy New Member

I have having same issue, fresh install of FM8 and Logic. Tried uninstalling (which is a real pain, you have to hunt down all the files) and rescanning, still no joy. FM8 works great in Ableton on same Mac, so I am just going to live without FM8 in Logic X. Maybe someday they will fix this, but I am not holding my breath!

PS I tried all these steps but it didn't change anything:
    https://support.native-instruments....-Fails-Validation-in-Logic-Audio-en-us-en-us-

Maybe I forgot to cross my fingers or some other part of this ritual, but I am not going to try it again lol

7. Russellmus

Russellmus New Member

I just posted this in another thread on the same topic, but just so more people can see it I'll repost:

Try entering the following in terminal:

auval -v aumu Nif8 -NI-

Logic will probably still see it as invalid, but it will at least work.

Alternatively, opening FM8 inside Komplete Kontrol in Logic works, if you have that option.

• Like Like x 3
  8. DrEntropy

DrEntropy New Member

Thanks for the work around! I have Komplete Kontrol (program) but never used it. I will give it a shot :)