1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Forum update feedback thread

Discussion in 'NI Website and Forums' started by Thomas @ NI, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Thomas @ NI

Thomas @ NI Administrator NI Team

Hi all,

Please post here if you have feedback about the new 3.8 forum version that we installed today.

Thanks, Thomas

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

A long-standing forum glitch: the "Quick Links" menu does not open below the button, but far to the side of the screen.

Image: http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8945/66562292.png

My resolution is set to 1920x1080, all versions of Firefox (happened to me since FF3, I'm now on Firefox 8 Aurora), Opera 11.

The other bug is the leftover button image for "REPLY" in the Private Messages section.

Image: http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/34/10391818.png

I'm thankful that now CODE tag works without eating various pieces of code from pasted KSP scripts! Finally!

3. scamo

scamo Administrator Staff Member

Nice job NI.

I can confirm the pull-down issue too. "Thread tools" and "Search this thread" have a similar problem.

scamo

4. Iceman_jkh

Iceman_jkh Forum Member

Firstly, thank you for fixing the issue where the site navigation menu would 'pull down' over the first post or two, and you couldnt get rid of it unless you 'moused over' the menu bar again! It seems you have removed that menu all together. Works for me! :)

My quick reply box however only takes up 1/3 of the width of the Quick reply area. The heigh is fine, just the width is 1/3 of the total width. It is centered though :).

EDIT: Nope. I spoke too soon. Seems my FLASH was broken, and the problem with the dropdown menu still exists :(.

5. EvilDragon

I got this error when trying to "Mark forums read"

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

Weird. Could this have something to do with me hiding some forums from being displayed, as "Mark forums read" was working OK before I removed some forums from the list?

6. dj_dunno

dj_dunno Forum Member

I don't seem to be getting any reply notifications via email any more despite them showing up under Control Panel and still being set to instant. Anyone else having this problem?

7. EvilDragon

Any idea about this, NI?

8. scamo

scamo Administrator Staff Member

9. arachnaut

arachnaut NI Product Owner

This happens to me as well and I also have selective forums enabled.

10. EvilDragon

I disabled selective forums just to test if that error will vanish. It didn't. It still happens even when all forums are active.

I wonder how long will we now wait for these reported forum bugs getting fixed. :)

11. Thomas @ NI

Thomas @ NI Administrator NI Team

Thanks everyone, I am gathering all these points to forward them to the external developer who is helping us with the forums. I hope we can do a full round of fixes soon.

12. Dj-Goody

Dj-Goody NI Product Owner

I don't get email-notifications about new posts anymore :(

Profile-settings are OK and they are not in the spam-folder...

13. Summa

Summa Sounddesigner

Same here.

14. risensch

risensch NI Product Owner

NI Profile browser:
    - missing picture
    - missing personal informations

15. dj_dunno

dj_dunno Forum Member

just had my first email notification thru since the update! fingers crossed its fixed!

16. sampleconstruct

sampleconstruct NI Product Owner

What's with this SPAM attack on these Forums during the last few days, the time it takes to remove that crap is embarassing, can somebody with Admin rights feel responsible please!

17. Keir @ NI

Keir @ NI Community, man NI Team

Yep, that is sorted. We're looking into the other issues too. Thanks for posting everyone.

18. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Yes, it has been noticed and action is being taken. Did you think that it would be unattended to..?

The strange tone that some people use on this forum amazes me sometimes.

19. malzfreund

malzfreund NI Product Owner

When I go to another forum user's profile, I do not have the option anymore to add that user to my contacts list or my ignore list. (In other words, the pull-down menu named "User lists" has vanished.)

Also, the "Mark Forums Read" bug is still there.

20. malzfreund

malzfreund NI Product Owner

There's more stuff wrong on the profile page. The activity overview doesn't display the join date. It doesn't display the posts per day, either. Here's an example: "Total Posts: 792 ( posts per day)" The actual posts per day stat is missing.