1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Free auto sampling software

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by jef, Sep 29, 2020.

1. jef

jef NI Product Owner

Hey Maschineheads!
    Just posted a video showing how to auto-sample your instruments... virtual or hardware synths. Will be perfect for Maschine+ users... but also for any user of any DAW!! I spent many days struggling with how to do this best, explored the expensive options, the mac only options, and discovered the best platform was MPC Beats... the free software by Akai! Anyhow, I hope this helps y'all get your instruments into Maschine or Maschine+. I am so glad I found Ave Mcree's video and tried it out... Check it out!

2. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

I’m using the mpc sw to auto sample the tr8s atm , it’s pretty good tbh

3. Dstep ATL

Dstep ATL NI Product Owner

I have samplerobot, wish it was compatible with Kontakt 6.

4. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

So I was doing exactly this yesterday with a VST and couldn't for the life of me figure out why MPC's autosampler was removing the attack of the instrument, it was adding a small fade into each note. Any MPC pros out there?

It does feel odd to use the MPC software to make an instrument for Maschine.

Is it worth it? It's so expensive.

5. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

I don't have my MPC anymore because I just sold it for the new machine;)

But I think it must have something to do with these parameters.
    mpc.png

6. GoKeez

GoKeez NI Product Owner

Auto sampling in Logics new sampler is pretty quick and easy also for those already in the ecosystem.

7. skhm

skhm NI Product Owner

Yes Logic Sampler and old Autosampler in Mainstage is really good, but only works with Logic. I’ve tried to convert with Chickensys and Extreme Sample converter, but no go. Only old EXS patches will convert to Akai, which you can load with Maschine

8. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Question

If I’m sampling the tr8s in mpc is it worth doing the 4 sound velocity or should i just do one velocity ?

How do you switch a mpc key group to a mpc drum Pgm ?

skhm
    Which chicken system do you have , I was thinking of getting this to convert mpc software pgm to mpc 2000 pgm so I could import to maschine groups

Atm I have to do them individually, I’ve been converting the original drum librarys that came with the Renaissance

D-One , yeah it does , but at least I’ve finally found a use for the mpc sw

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  9. skhm

skhm NI Product Owner

i would advice this one: https://www.extranslator.com/

it reads Akai sample discs from cd or bin file. The supported formats are listed on the main page ^

it is windows only, but works well with Crossover. However, Catalina and up only supports 64-bit applications. And so Crossover is unable to run 32 bit windows programs in Caralina. I’m not sure if Extreme is 64 bit
    (By the looks of it, it is a 32-bit program)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Cool I’ll look into it , maybe I could set up an older os ,on an external and boot from that ,to run crossover

11. Dstep ATL

Dstep ATL NI Product Owner

It was worth it when I had a Prophet X as it would create full instruments and handle the file structure on the USB drives all from within the software. I had the pro version.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. jef

jef NI Product Owner

Hey D-One, does it have anything to do with the volume of your VST? I noticed most samples end up very quiet... Might not be triggering the next sample start early enough? My issue was the extra sound at the beginning of hardware synths...

As for Logic/ MainStage... I was definitely able to use it, but when I dug up the samples, I had to rename them so they were in order, then dragging them into Maschine was a mess! The root note was wrong on every sample, and I had to go in and set each one. Beats is free and just works so much better!

13. GoKeez

GoKeez NI Product Owner

After installing Beats I must concede it is by far the more efficient method. Thanks! Earned a sub and as a somewhat new Maschine user, am greatly enjoying the content.

I’m ever trying to simplify my workflow and stay within the least amount of environments. ALDREAD was so kind to share his Logic/Maschine template so I thought I was on my way to a faithful and committed marriage with just the two but alas...Beats again proves the game will be the game. Fingering Beats is at best a slutty art.

And cheeeeeap. Free? Oh Akai you dirty dirty beast.

14. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

That's for the loop points when using ADSR but I did try turning it off and it made no difference.

I don't think so, level sounds normal, its literally adding a fade-in...
    I am using Auto-Sampler for a Reaktor-Spark preset called Bonfire, it's a plucky piano sounding preset. (2nd bank preset #21)
    It should look like this:
    [​IMG]
    But MPC's autosampler turns it into this:
    [​IMG]
    The attack/transient is gone.

I attached the project in case an MPC user can solve this mystery.

Attached Files:

15. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass NI Product Owner

Damn, got tricked by clickbait title, was stoked for a second thinking M+ could auto sample....shame shame

Bitwig is decent for auto sampling too.

16. jef

jef NI Product Owner

It's free auto sampling... with Maschine and MPC. Just what it says on the tin...

That's very strange, I'll check and see if I had any do that!

17. jef

jef NI Product Owner

D-One, just checked and all of my samples I made in MPC beats have the right attack. Did it do that on anything else you sampled?

18. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass NI Product Owner

I guess I am the only one who read the title “Maschine + Auto Sampling” and thought it was a discussion on auto sampling with M+ or a plea for a M+ feature...

No worries, I respect the game.

19. larserik

larserik NI Product Owner

Cool that the MPC Beats includes auto sampling. I have been waiting for Kontakt to get a similar feature. I have HALion6 and GA6 from Steinberg and they have auto sample features that work really nice.

For auto sampling plugin instruments Renose (the tracker to end all trackers) has a really nice tool called Plugin Grabber. It's there to help you freeze plugins to sample based instruments within Renoise and it's very fast and easy. Runs like a batch job and the samples can be exported and used elsewhere.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

I've wanted MASCHINE to get this kind of thing for both practical "freeze track" functionality as well as additional creative sound design sample-mangling options. Hopefully with the M+, we will see something like it...

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1