Free expansions coming in Komplete 12

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by davemacp, May 9, 2018.

1. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

+1

• Like Like x 2
  2. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

A bit of an understatement............................ mind you Komplete 12 looks like a very 'understated' release.............

• Like Like x 2
  3. lwj|localspace

lwj|localspace NI Product Owner

<SNPID>FX0 Choral
    <SNPID>FX1 Flair
    <SNPID>FX2 Phasis
    <SNPID>FX4 Bite
    <SNPID>FX5 Freak
    <SNPID>FX6 Dirt

This looks mildy interesting, I suspect saturation/distortion type effects..
    But I'm not gonna upgrade for 3 of those and a bunch of sample packs I'm not gonna use. I guess expansions sell more than actual instruments.. sad kinda.

4. freakydinde

freakydinde NI Product Owner

who care about expansions, but WOW what are massive X and kontakt 6 about ??

5. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

I bet massive X would be a pretty advanced wavetable synth .... Just a guess

• Like Like x 1
  6. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Im guessing the same although it kind of already is... Only not as advanced as other popular more recent modern soft synths like Serum for example. (Also not as visual, people expect things to be very Visual nowadays)

• Like Like x 1
  7. NTRLX

NTRLX NI Product Owner

Do you think Maschine users that did not use their promo codes for Komplete 11 upgrade will receive an option for Komplete 12? I used mine... but I'm wondering what will happen to Komplete 11 offers when Komplete 12 finally arrives?

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  8. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Yes but I hope I am just guessing wrong and they come up with something revolutionary.... In anyway what I like is none of them synths released in the past decade sounds outdated, they are all interesting, different colours, possibilities...
    Will see how it goes...

9. freakydinde

I don't think NI will go to the visual aspect, their philosophy is to trust our ears, that why we don't even get a spectrum analyzer on maschine

by the way regarding to massive Serum is not that advanced, it is just more visual and more versatile on the FM\RM part, but you loose one oscillator when one is reserved for fm\rm, their is also NO routing possibilities, one missing filter, no stepper...

massive mainly lack good fx, a multiband comp and a better reverb for example.

Spire is the example to follow. (4 osc, many synthesis type, warm sound (Serum sound cold), good fx, stepper, 2 filters...)

i think massive could combine more synthesis aspect, FM (in a most advanced form) and additive should be part of the festival.

you can notice that unlike ultimate or standard, komplete select has no version, so i think the upgrade path is valid to any version.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  10. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

You can actually use the noise oscillator as a sound oscillator and have very good built in effects. I actually like grid management of enveloppe and lfos very much and also a lot of morphing options there is not in massive and I tend to disagree as I find serum to sound very analog and warm but I guess our ears are not ****** up the same :p

11. freakydinde

the very clean sound of serum is something I like, combined with its precise enveloppe it's really y'a good tools for sound design... but it does not sound warm, warm means dirty.

12. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

After seing à vidéo on you tube I really like to pass it in the supercharger just to use the saturation and character knob to do that. Sounds nice

• Like Like x 1
  13. D-One

Can't say I agree with that "NI is about trust your ears" statement, there are many NI products that are visual, the company is not just about Maschine and I seriously doubt that's the reason we don't have a built-in spectrum analyzer, there's a ton of tools we don't have as built-in modules, many much more basic than an analyzer.

Serum wavetable customizability is pretty advanced thanks to its wave editor while Massive has its own fixed wavetables. If something sounds analog or warm is highly subjective, I didn't grow up using analog synths so I cant even dear to comment on that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. freakydinde

true, that's a philosophy of maschine not NI, Razor and fm8 display their waveform for example.. but massive was build with a analog mindset, that's why their is no display value, no right click, no button reset... btw who knows what's coming :)

yep serum is really advanced on the wavetable edition part, i may forgot to mention cauz I'm really not interested with that part (I love that synth but build most of my presets from basic waveform..)

• Like Like x 1
  15. JBlongz

JBlongz NI Product Owner

As the Session Strings Pro 2 from that list has been released, it seem 2018 is going to be quite a few releases. Still wondering about this Kontakt 6 and Massive X. I hope Komplete 12 Ultimate won’t be slacking in new content as the last few releases.

16. D-One

Traktor has also been updated recently and it looks like NI silently acknowledged that it needs to be updated more regularly to maintain relevance, hopefully, this philosophy spreads across all products. There's also a hint of a new mixer being released soon on the Traktor update video, im guessing it's probably an updated Z2... KK 2.0 was also recently released, so... So it seems like they are quite busy releasing new stuff.

Not sure what this means for Komplete but keep in mind most of it is Kontakt dependent so if Kontakt gets a big update and the instruments are also updated this alone might be a reason for a new Komplete version.

• Like Like x 1
  17. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Lots of good stuff coming out. Looking forward to the latest Traktor stuff. The Traktor Z2 is a my favorite DJ mixer. Also, I look forward to Kontakt 6 and Massive.

18. D-One

Really!? Over a DJM-S9 or a brand new Rane 72 with screens and all...?
    As far as price goes i also think it's the best since its cheap, but comparing it with modern battle mixers it's very outdated.... it's not even a competition.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Steve Mosher

Steve Mosher NI Product Owner

I sold my S9 shortly after I got it. Serato and me didnt play nice.

20. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

What was wrong with it? I used to use Serato but ditched it way back when I had my ttm56. Im just more comfortable with my Traktor set-up.