Free Kontakt player for offline computer

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Danoc, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Danoc

Danoc New Member

Greetings, l would like to know can l put the new kontakt free player in an offline computer. Windows 7 computer.

Thanks

2. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

3. Danoc

Danoc New Member

4. DarkStar

DarkStar NI Product Owner

Won't you need to be online for Native Access to activate / authorize the sounds libraries? Or has NA been enhanced to support offline authorization yet?

5. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Yes, you need to be online for library activation.

6. Danoc

Danoc New Member

I have 2 computers. One is a laptop which goes online and my desktop which is not online.
    I down loaded Native Access onto my laptop and its available and working. But there isn't a file that l can put on a USB stick to install on my offline computer like l did before when l had the old player 5.0.
    So how or where do l get the new player 6 file over to my offline computer to install? Does such a file exist? What l have seen on the internet that NI doesn't support offline computers.

7. EvilDragon

You cannot, you have to be online to authorize with Native Access.

8. Danoc

Danoc New Member

Then l won't buy the product because NI doesn't support offline computers.

Thanks.

Spectrasonics , Waves, Eastwest, Soundtoys, Cable Guys, Presonus , Propellerheads etc support offline computers. My message to companoes making VSTis for just NI, you need to make a VST version without NI's Kontakt player involved.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2019
  9. EvilDragon

That probably won't happen.

10. Danoc

Danoc New Member

Then l won't buy. Simple as that.

11. Francis Arthur

Francis Arthur New Member

So in order to use something like 8Dio Dobro strummer I can use the free Kontakt or how does it work. Trying to get an answer to this for years now.

Or what is the cheapest package from NI to buy to make Kontakt work with all libraries in Cubase (7.5)

12. Danoc

Danoc New Member

You need to find out if Dobro Strummer takes full Kontakt or the free Kontakt Player, and the new version is 6. The cheapest Kontakt? I wouldn't know that, I'm not into NI like that.

13. MarioD

MarioD NI Product Owner

This is from 8DIO Dobro page: "Full Retail Version of Kontakt 5.5 (or later) Required". Thus it will not work with the free Kontakt Player.